1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW WEATHERZONE FOLK

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Please advise!

Discussion in 'Lake Mountain' started by Shruti Nargundkar, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Shruti Nargundkar

Shruti Nargundkar First Runs

We, my two young daughters and I are planning to visit Lake Mountain from Melbourne, bringing with us my elderly mother who has never seen snow! She has had two knee replacement surgeries, so we don't want her to get out in the snow. We intend to come in for only a short while, have a picnic lunch and just look around.

I will be driving a diesel AWD - do I need to add anything? What about chains for tomorrow - the 5th of August 2014?

Any tips, advice, warning would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

2. Majikthise

Majikthise Sage Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

if you go up via Narbethong a quick stop at the adventure store there will set you right @teckel

3. gettingtooold

gettingtooold One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Agreed. Make sure everyone's warm and dry and all will be good.

4. teckel

teckel Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Shruti, You won't need chains for tomorrow. Further, you never need chains.for a 4WD for Lake Mountain.
    Drop in to Mystic Mountains Ski Hire in Narbethong - on the left, opposite the CFA, public phone box outside, and we'll look after all your needs. I'll probably suggest that she takes warm and waterproof boots with good tread (so that she won't slip) and gloves. If she has warm clothing and only wants to sit in the bistro and look out the window, that is fine with us. We won't try to hire you clothing that you don't need. Your daughters though, will probably want more snow-related clothing and we can kit them out in the right things for that. When you drop in, ask for Rosemary :)