1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. NOTICE: Did you lose your profile avatar image as a result of the great hammo-ing of 2020? (Sat 16 & Sun 17 Aug). If yes, then you need to know it won't be coming back, best to re-upload.

This notice may be closed
    Dismiss Notice

Please delete If possible

Discussion in 'Mt Buller' started by Snowwww, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Snowwww

Snowwww Early Days

Great news. After emailing to them, they apologised that they send us a wrong form, which was for daily tickets refund. They have proceed cash refund to us the next day. Please delete this post if possible.

...…...........

In January we bought two 6 times passes for Mt Buller and because of Covid, we are unable to use them this season.

We have also purchased Epic Pass, and organised a weekend in Mt Baw Baw before everything in VIC shutdown. We have got cash refund for Epic Pass and Mt Baw Baw without too much trouble at all. But when we called Mt Buller, we have been told the refund policy is “case by case” and we have to fill out a form to apply which I thought it’s unfair given every one who lives in metropolitan Melbourne and can’t go to the resort should sit in “one case” and the same consideration should be given.

When we were filling out the form. We realised that we have to click “ I agree I won’t get a cash refund but a credit refund”, otherwise it wouldn’t allow us to proceed. We called again and asked about this. The person answered “ Yep if it says that on the form, then it would be the case”.

So we are now ended up with more than $1,000 credit to use next season in a resort we used to love going to but now feel so disappointed about.

Compare to the other two resorts we dealt with in the same situation, I think Mt Buller could do so much better and don’t know if I can trust them again when I make plan ahead. Fortunately we can use it to purchase for someone else’s tickets or season pass for next year. Please let me know if any of you are considering buying Mt Buller’s season pass for 2021.

#1 Snowwww, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  2. Jellybeans

Jellybeans not woke enough Ski Pass: Gold

Not sure if serious?
    They literally just said today you can get a full refund.

3. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

time to talk to consumer affairs.

I suppose the only issue is if you had a reasonable opportunity to use them but chose not to. otherwise I think consumer affairs will have an opinion that you are entitled to a refund of ~90%

4. CarveMan

CarveMan Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Never again. You’ve convinced me.

5. Snowwww

Snowwww Early Days

Sorry I know it sounded passive aggressive. If I didn’t receive an email from them about 2021 season pass, I probably wouldn’t post anything about it.

Surely there will be people buying the season pass to Buller anyway. But can’t help to rant.

6. Snowwww

Snowwww Early Days

Is there an updated refund policy? I didn’t receive anything about that. I’ll check and report back.

7. Snowwww

Snowwww Early Days

I just read the new policy. I think it’s for season members which i agree is very generous. But unfortunately we are not season members. Not sure if the policy has changed for the 6-time passes. I’ll call them tomorrow to ask again.

Thanks!

8. Rick Ross Da Boss

Rick Ross Da Boss One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Why not just plan to go next year?

Chaeron likes this.
  9. Dalesh

Dalesh First Runs

I had a 6 day pass as well, emailed them a week or two ago and they refunded it back onto the credit card, no more questions asked.

10. Snowwww

Snowwww Early Days

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll try to contact them tomorrow. If you don’t mind I ask, was your reason for refund being living in Melbourne and unable to go to the resort?

11. Chaeron

Chaeron OutLiar Ski Pass: Gold

LOL

12. Dalesh

Dalesh First Runs

Yeah, sadly stuck in Melbourne.

13. Zilla

Zilla First Runs

I'd be asking to roll it over to 2021, as prices are going up....