Police Checks

benchives

I forgot how to ski
Ski Pass
Dec 30, 2006
sydney
Pre employment screening and KYE (know your employee) is big business these days. As mentioned big companies will engage firms to do amongst other things police checks.

benchives

I forgot how to ski
Ski Pass
Dec 30, 2006
sydney
When I say big business imagine KYE requirement of yearly recertification at approx 100 bucks a head in a company of thousands. Every. Bloody. Year.

Greysrigging

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 11, 2019
Darwin
Was it that long ago you could have a few beers in any Darwin pub on a Friday night, and start a new job on the Monday morning...... ( sigh )

Reactions: Chaeron

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Was it that long ago you could have a few beers in any Darwin pub on a Friday night, and start a new job on the Monday morning...... ( sigh )
It can still happen. I have only had a police check done 3 times in my life (mid 40s). First one was joining the Army in the 90s, second one was contracting to the AFP, third one was as a consultant and they needed me to submit a police clearance as part of the proposal for an engagement. However I do have a security clearance that does get checked when I swap between contracts.

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
here, now
All jobs in the disability and child care sectors have mandatory police checks.
And Working With Children checks in NSW.
yep
Disabled Wintersport required checks for all volunteers starting early last year
I haven’t used mine yet because everything was called off
as I recall there was an additional requirement for Victorian volunteers

Majikthise

Sage
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Blue Mts
I even had to do a WWCC to volunteer at the Hunter Wetlands. I never see children without a parent or other adult being present. Apparently they lease a building to the Department of Education as classrooms which makes the entire 45 hectare site an educational precinct.
And remember this lot keep banging on about small govt.

Reactions: Chaeron and Chalkie

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
I have to get a Working With Vulnerable People check to drive other parents children to interschools training each weekend.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass