1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Predictions: 6th - 10th July

Discussion in 'Alpine & Southern' started by Sandy, Jul 3, 2008.

1. VinnieP

VinnieP First Runs

I predict 25cm of snow at Buller by Sunday and an average snow depth of 62cm.

I'm heading up to Buller on Sunday for a week. I've been crossing all appendages since paying for my accomodation two weeks ago when all the slopes were grass.

If I had of taken BH's predictions (or mainly skepticism) two weeks ago for these past two past weeks, I would've pulled out of my trip...but I was relying on my gut feelings.

2. mad4snow

mad4snow First Runs

that rain band atm is looking mad for the nsw resorts particularly perisher and thredbo. With the moisture, speed and temp of this system IMO they will get 30cm out of this down to lowish levels. As it will be dryish snow and with the winds so high the resorts will probably catch more then this as they are positioned for systems just like this. Looking good or the weekend if the rumors of 40 lifts are true at perisher, say good by FV and hellish crowds, hello freedom!!!!!

3. main street

main street Sun Peaks Resident

That's a bit harsh mate.

Trying to peg something 2 weeks out is not for the faint hearted....... Christ,.... it can all go pear shaped from 2 days out !!

Like most of us here that have been around a while, we'll make a call on what we SEE in the charts,...... Not what we HOPE will fall.

What you'll also notice is that some here will not fall into the "OMG !!! 1 METER !!! ++++++ .... EPIC !!!!,.... Etc , etc..." nonsense either.

Yes ,..... those days do happen,..... but not often. ( & certainly not often enough for ALL our liking)

[​IMG]

#253 main street, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  4. VinnieP

VinnieP First Runs

I didn't indend it to sound harsh. Of course it is difficult to predict anything more than a couple of days. However from viewing this forum for a while and gauging various people's predictions and attitudes towards this season in AUS, I feel BH's is often very negative and can be disheartening to read when you are hanging a lot of money on the event of snow!

All love! Of course everything anyone says on a forum...particularly weather should be taken with a lot of salt.

#254 VinnieP, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  5. BH

BH One of Us

Hey Vinnie have a look at page 1 champ!!!!- I call it as I see it and 2 weeks out it changes every day.

Yeah I have been negative this year. Considering we have only had 1 half decent fall to date thats the reason!!! I can be really postive like the resorts are trying to sound but the truth is ATM its pretty crappy and If I can save someone from spending $1000's on a ski trip when reality is your getting ripped off hardcore from the resorts charging full price when the resort is only half open then I feel I am doing the right thing.

6. warrie

warrie Hard Yards

PB 31 lifts out of 50, that should tranlate into less than 65 bucks for todays lift ticket. Oh for the good old PJT - prices justification tribunal. Meanwhile the weekend should be a ripper with some sun predicted. Vic and Qld hols are over so its just us cockroaches left to scuttle/schuss the slopes

7. BH

BH One of Us

Should be less half of the lifts are on Windhold today!!!! (rope tows shouldnt count either ot skitube!!!)

back on topic- Radar is starting to show the moisture thinning when it hits the mountain- maybe the radar is not working Or god help that this system is starting fall over...

8. Hammerhead

Hammerhead First Runs

The only 'falling over' this system is doing is all over the mountains. [​IMG]

#258 Hammerhead, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  9. mad4snow

mad4snow First Runs

IMO i think the approaching font(currently over Mt gambier) will miss the NSW resort possibly only hitting baw baw and the other southern resorts. Hope i am wrong but it doesn't look to be pushing as north as i was hoping. Still be mad 2moro!!!

10. mad4snow

mad4snow First Runs

Any thoughts from the "experts"!!!!!! or anyone else interested in helping me out cause i am finding the current systems hard to pick. [​IMG]

#260 mad4snow, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  11. Vermillion

Vermillion Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

12. FatBob

FatBob Hard Yards

I reckon this is going to dump tonight.

Very cold and a big rain band heading towards the alps ATM.

13. Boonie

Boonie Hard Yards

There was about 5 seconds worth of sleet in Mt Beauty this afternoon, and the temp has been creeping down to 3deg at the moment. I think there's a good chance of some flakes here tonight.