1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed Private lesson help

Discussion in 'Snow Talk' started by NoSkillWill, Sep 9, 2019.

1. NoSkillWill

NoSkillWill Hard Yards

Hi there,

I am heading up to falls/hotham for 3 days this weekend with a group of friends. A couple of us are a similar level around adv. intermediate and are keen to share a private lesson.

Personally I haven't had a lesson since a first timer lesson 15 years ago at Buller. I have only really gotten into skiing in the last 18 months and reached this level on feel and YouTube. I know some of the things I am not doing well and I'm sure there are plenty of other areas I don't know I suck at.

How long of a lesson should I look at getting with a group of 3? Should I try to book with a specific instructor? How do I go about booking that?

Any other feedback on this would be great.

Cheers

2. Hermannator

Hermannator One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

3. southpaw

southpaw One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Of course there’s no one size fits all approach but from my personal experience I would recommend splitting any lesson time over 2-3 days than booking one block of time during one day. I find a series of shorter lessons over time allows for reflection following the lesson and for correction the next day. Something you don’t get if you just have one block of time on one day only.