Qatar airways offering free flights for teachers

AWJ

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 8, 1999
Canberra
if the baby was found in a bin in one of the bathrooms at the airport, surely they have video footage of who went in and out of that particular bathroom that day. Could have scratched a whole lot of people off the list of potentials just reviewing the security footage couldn't you?

piolet

Better make it three
Ski Pass
May 27, 2004
in the cupboard covered in dust
if the baby was found in a bin in one of the bathrooms at the airport, surely they have video footage of who went in and out of that particular bathroom that day. Could have scratched a whole lot of people off the list of potentials just reviewing the security footage couldn't you?
Nah just round up anyone looking like a chick

skichanger

A Local
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
You are being far to rational for this conversation.

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Might is right. Got that.

Damn straight! If you want our inventions of things like airplanes and stuff, give up with the Trump handshakes!

Love a bit of superiority, its the main game, always has been!

Fact is though, until the Chinese take over, we are part of the world order, and a nation that offends that is asking for adjustment if they want to participate, as they obviously do. That adjustment I would expect to be diplomatic, the soccer thing is probably not a bad lever.

Anyone know if any women from other than Australia got done?

Despite my levity, I personally think that yes, in another country, their rules blah blah, but, if they want to play in the world, there are expectations, and they leaped way over the line. It requires a response, and also consideration.

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
OK. Let them be warned away. Although, if you haven't worked out that different laws might apply in different countries you should not be allowed out of your house, let alone the country.
Rude.

Personally never flown through Doha.
By choice.

However under no circumstance should a passenger of a commercial flight going about their own business and innocent of any wrong doing be pulled off a plane with no explanation and examined intimately. And nor should they think that might happen.

The police investigation should not have included rounding all the women up for physical examination. If they can’t solve the mystery, they can’t. But the ends does not justify the means. I really hope the child will be ok. I hope it’s a boy if it’s going to be raised there!

It’d be an interesting thing if they can’t find the mother if they DNA tested the child. You’d at least know the genetics - might go some way to providing insight.

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
Coastal suburban boonies.
Rude.

Personally never flown through Doha.
By choice.

However under no circumstance should a passenger of a commercial flight going about their own business and innocent of any wrong doing be pulled off a plane with no explanation and examined intimately. And nor should they think that might happen.

The police investigation should not have included rounding all the women up for physical examination. If they can’t solve the mystery, they can’t. But the ends does not justify the means. I really hope the child will be ok. I hope it’s a boy if it’s going to be raised there!

It’d be an interesting thing if they can’t find the mother if they DNA tested the child. You’d at least know the genetics - might go some way to providing insight.
I see. Karen rights supersede police investigations. Got it.

Homer

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2005
Castle Hill - Sydney
I'm just trying to understand where this right to ignore the laws of the country in which you happen to be comes from. Any clues?

I'm just trying to understand where any of the woman, who were taken from a plane and medically digitally penetrated for no more reason than being in the vicinity at the time is ignoring any laws of a country that they were in transit in?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

teckel

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
I'm just trying to understand where any of the woman, who were taken from a plane and medically digitally penetrated for no more reason than being in the vicinity at the time is ignoring any laws of a country that they were in transit in?

Qatar: We have the legal right to do anything we want to sub-humans. Women are sub-humans.

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Maybe Im crazy, but I can generally see his point, and it does make sense.

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Doesn't mean that he is not personally offended by the action IMO.

Homer

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2005
Castle Hill - Sydney
But apparently we shouldn't be kicking up a fuss about that. Or something.

Come on champ. :)
This has nothing to do with the rights of innocent human beings being subjected to barbaric practices, due to the fact these people happened to be just transiting through a country that decides they can do what they want, when they want, because it is in their law. The whole episode is just disgusting, and I just don't get how anyone can defend the actions that were taken, regardless of local law, culture or reasoning.
Qatar has already corrupted the worlds large sporting body - FIFA. They don't give a fcuk about anyone, because they have $$$$
It is disgusting the amount of slave labor from predominantly east Asian countries that have died building their shiny new stadiums due to appalling work safe practices.

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
It was not ignoring any laws. It was compliant with those laws. It might have offended the laws of Karen.
Qatar: We have the legal right to do anything we want to sub-humans. Women are sub-humans.
Or they can do what is permitted by their laws.
What you have to understand re arguing with legs.
He's never wrong.
He'll take a position and argue. Purely for the sake of it. Regardless of the moral compass. It's like a challenge. Sociopathic in nature.
I take a position in which I believe and argue it. An approach I commend to you. Our current political swamp is driven by the surrender of commitment to expedience.
Come on champ. :)
This has nothing to do with the rights of innocent human beings being subjected to barbaric practices, due to the fact these people happened to be just transiting through a country that decides they can do what they want, when they want, because it is in their law. The whole episode is just disgusting, and I just don't get how anyone can defend the actions that were taken, regardless of local law, culture or reasoning.
Qatar has already corrupted the worlds large sporting body - FIFA. They don't give a **** about anyone, because they have $$$$
It is disgusting the amount of slave labor from predominantly east Asian countries that have died building their shiny new stadiums due to appalling work safe practices.
Gosh. Remember the abandoned child?

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
Transit is transit. You are no longer officially in a country once officially passed through the customs dept. Same when offloading from a plane into the transit area whilst the plane is refueling.
I am still in total shock that this has occurred....even to women post menopause! F'king Hell! :mad:

Reactions: sara777

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
Transit is transit. You are no longer officially in a country once officially passed through the customs dept. Same when offloading from a plane into the transit area whilst the plane is refueling.
I am still in total shock that this has occurred....even to women post menopause! F'king Hell! :mad:
This will delight assassins everywhere. A little patch of the world isolated from the jurisdiction of everyone except the Thunderbirds.

sara777

A Local
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2008
Sydney
Maybe Im crazy, but I can generally see his point, and it does make sense.
Suppose it makes great sense to perform non consensual genital examination on a group of women who happened to be in the area where a baby was abandoned (possibly for reasons stated in that abc link), while transiting. Not visiting the country. Right. Would you see the point if that happened to you or to your loved one?

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Suppose it makes great sense to perform non consensual genital examination on a group of women who happened to be in the area where a baby was abandoned (possibly for reasons stated in that abc link), while transiting. Not visiting the country. Right. Would you see the point if that happened to you or to your loved one?

No, his point that the rules in Qatar are not the rules here. I am offended by the action, but it would not surprise me if I am not offended by lots of things in Qatar. Certainly a place I will never go. As I said, it requires a response from our government, and if women from other countries were involved, them as well, to tame the savages, so to speak.

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
No, his point that the rules in Qatar are not the rules here. I am offended by the action, but it would not surprise me if I am not offended by lots of things in Qatar. Certainly a place I will never go. As I said, it requires a response from our government, and if women from other countries were involved, them as well, to tame the savages, so to speak.
They already had left Qatar. They were onboard a plane ready for departure (in transit).

Reactions: sara777

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
A Qantas plane on the tarmac in Sydney.....

I am not in any way condoning what happened, I think it was totally wrong, more considering how and what, and what do you actually do about it.

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
Once you pass through customs and in transit, you are no longer in that country.

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
So you are subject to international law? Administered by the Thunderbirds? Its pretty tricky. Imagine a plane, a Qantas plane, is on the tarmac about to leave Sydney, when they discover that a mass murdering peodaphile managed to get on. Can they take them off?

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
Maybe it should be. Like this.

It's "complicated". The US is particularly interesting here. Customs are essentially a law into themselves. If you are a US citizen, you still have certain rights (after it took the Supremes to say so), but if you're not a US citizen, you have very few rights. Suck it up baby, they can do almost anything to you, way beyond what most people would consider reasonable. Right to privacy? That's about the first thing you give up while on the wrong side of US customs.

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
So you are subject to international law? Administered by the Thunderbirds? Its pretty tricky. Imagine a plane, a Qantas plane, is on the tarmac about to leave Sydney, when they discover that a mass murdering peodaphile managed to get on. Can they take them off?
Yes.

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
International law is itself interesting, who is the world police?

I guess we will see how this one plays out. I am a little disgusted that our people took over three weeks to even know this was going on (publicly) and how little seems to have been done in the meantime by those that did know.

Did Qatar breach international law?

Reactions: LMB and sara777

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
International law is itself interesting, who is the world police?

I guess we will see how this one plays out. I am a little disgusted that our people took over three weeks to even know this was going on (publicly) and how little seems to have been done in the meantime by those that did know.

Did Qatar breach international law?

What international law?

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
Where are you? Who has jurisdiction over your actions? This is where we have to be glad that International Rescue exists.
Officially "no mans land". But, the forces of said country will shoot you, or digitally penetrate you, or cut your dick and balls off if they so desire.

What is the Hague for?

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Well, to be fair, standard procedure would have been to behead everyone on the plane, just to be sure.

Reactions: skichanger

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
IN TRANSIT
You're still in the country's territory and subject to their laws. Even on the aircraft sitting on the tarmac your still subject to the country's laws. Once the aircraft is airborne and outside of a country's airspace your subject to the laws of the state of registration.

The concept that "international law" applies once you're through immigration is a fiction.

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
You're still in the country's territory and subject to their laws. Even on the aircraft sitting on the tarmac your still subject to the country's laws. Once the aircraft is airborne and outside of a country's airspace your subject to the laws of the state of registration.

The concept that "international law" applies once you're through immigration is a fiction.
well...thank god for duty free.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass