Queenstown activities

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Youngest is planning a Feb 2022 trip and I thought some vouchers for activities could be a good Xmas gift.

Which activities would you recommend for a couple of adventurous 20 somethings? Thinking the Jetboats etc.

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
Coastal suburban boonies.
If you are thinking of jetboats I am a great fan of jetboating on the Dart River. It is pretty much a whole day from Queenstown but, as well as the usual spins and thrills, you are on a wild river with fabulous scenery. They go from Glenorchy up to the Aspiring National Park.

Reactions: skichic

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
Youngest is planning a Feb 2022 trip and I thought some vouchers for activities could be a good Xmas gift.

Which activities would you recommend for a couple of adventurous 20 somethings? Thinking the Jetboats etc.
Unsure what the budget is but can recommend Heli MTB. If only because can't do that in Australia. I went with https://www.helibikenz.com/ I did the Crown Peak ride. Wasn't too difficult (was planning on doing a different ride but that fell through due to weather, snowed at start of April)

KylePee

Cage rattler
Ski Pass
Feb 10, 2012
Jumped the wall to Mexico
I forget the name right now, I think it’s Nevis. But there is the original bridge bungee jump not far past the crown range turn. But this is cable car based a bit further out and is over 100m. Loved that on my first trip at about 24. People also like the big swings.

MTB for sure.

At wanaka there are SUPs, kayaks etc. not sure whats in QT.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
I forget the name right now, I think it’s Nevis. But there is the original bridge bungee jump not far past the crown range turn. But this is cable car based a bit further out and is over 100m. Loved that on my first trip at about 24. People also like the big swings.

MTB for sure.

At wanaka there are SUPs, kayaks etc. not sure whats in QT.
She’s keen to bungee :eek: bf not so sure.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Unsure what the budget is but can recommend Heli MTB. If only because can't do that in Australia. I went with https://www.helibikenz.com/ I did the Crown Peak ride. Wasn't too difficult (was planning on doing a different ride but that fell through due to weather, snowed at start of April)
Oh wow, she would love that. How hard is it? Daughter has done Thredbo, not sure about the bf.

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW
If they are adventurous will they need commercial tourist activity? So many adventurous things to do on the South island. Most don't involve paying someone to deliver it or you.

Reactions: Fozzie Bear

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
Oh wow, she would love that. How hard is it? Daughter has done Thredbo, not sure about the bf.
It is actually relatively easy. Because you fly in to the start point, the last thing the guides want is for a client to get injured and then need to call a helicopter in for a rescue. Most of the tracks they use are old bridle trails from the gold rush. If can do Thredbo should be able to do their rides. There were some tricky bits where the trail went up above a couple of rivers.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Reactions: climberman

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Yeah there’s that. This is the credit from their cancelled Qld trip transferred to their cancelled NT trip …
Sounds a bit like my credit from a couple of cancelled flights to Victoria.

*we're now driving.

Red_switch

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jun 5, 2006
Dunedin, NZ
If you are thinking of jetboats I am a great fan of jetboating on the Dart River. It is pretty much a whole day from Queenstown but, as well as the usual spins and thrills, you are on a wild river with fabulous scenery. They go from Glenorchy up to the Aspiring National Park.

The jetboats in Queenstown are fine, but don't come close to the Wairaurahiri, send them down to Te Anau then on to http://www.river-jet.co.nz/

LDJ

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2017
If they want some R & R after all the hiking and activities I highly recommend onsen hot pools on Arthur’s road. Nice private hot tubs with drinks overlooking canyon. Perfect after skiing or hiking. I went there a few years ago but would assume it’s still there

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass