Question about changing dates of lift passes/lessons due to Lockdown

newman

One of Us
Sep 8, 2016
Hey everyone.
Sydney Resident here. Lockdown ahoy.

I have paid for a 3 day lift pass for an adult and combo lift pass/lesson for a kid starting July 27 so no can go.

Fortunately, I have been able to move our accommodation and gain an extra night in August(!!) so I just need to change the dates and add a day.

I have emailed Perisher but no response yet. So my questions is; will Perisher change the date of my booking and add a day or demand I request a refund and make a completely new booking? I note you cant call them and expect email communication to take ages. My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere- If my option is indeed the latter I would like to get it done now rather than later.

Also can I point out that it is utterly stupid that I cannot see my purchases in my perisher profile and request a change through there?

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
I read in their cancellation conditions something to the effect that you have to cancel one booking and make another.

Prices will vary too based on your new dates and the lead time.

As the legal disclaimers say though, please make your own enquiries. :)

Me+3

One of Us
Jun 26, 2014
Hey everyone.

I have paid for a 3 day lift pass for an adult and combo lift pass/lesson for a kid starting July 27 so no can go.

Fortunately, I have been able to move our accommodation and gain an extra night in August(!!) so I just need to change the dates and add a day.

I have emailed Perisher but no response yet. So my questions is; will Perisher change the date of my booking and add a day or demand I request a refund and make a completely new booking? I note you cant call them and expect email communication to take ages. My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere- If my option is indeed the latter I would like to get it done now rather than later.

Also can I point out that it is utterly stupid that I cannot see my purchases in my perisher profile and request a change through there?

All questions are answered here >>>
https://help.perisher.com.au/hc/en-...ancellations-Lift-Tickets-Lessons-and-Rentals

Stevie84

Hard Yards
Aug 17, 2020
I had an automated response with a log number straight away. Did you use the email address in my post?

I used the general customer service one, and also received a log number straight away.

I'll try that email address you mentioned to see if I get better luck, thanks.

Reactions: retread

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
Hey everyone.

I've no idea of the answer, but to get an idea how busy the ticketing staff are business is down by more than 70%. Less than half the normal number of instructors are working.

Ticketing staff is still at full numbers and are expected to stay that way until late August. All they are doing is processing refunds, credits and contacting customers to confirm their bookings

Reactions: Schnitzelnschnapps
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Garloot

First Runs
Jul 17, 2021
I've no idea of the answer, but to get an idea how busy the ticketing staff are business is down by more than 70%. Less than half the normal number of instructors are working.

Ticketing staff is still at full numbers and are expected to stay that way until late August. All they are doing is processing refunds, credits and contacting customers to confirm their bookings
Well put some more staff on in that section. This is a global company and listed. Shutting down the call centre is not a great pr move. It shows a lot about a company culture.

retread

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2010
Mortdale
Here’s another happy customer.
My daughter was advised on Sunday that her Uni ski trip was cancelled. She put in her refund request on Monday morning and she just said “ hey day, the refund from Perisher is back on my card.” (Wednesday midday)

sixty_eight

One of Us
Feb 18, 2009
NSW
Here’s another happy customer.
My daughter was advised on Sunday that her Uni ski trip was cancelled. She put in her refund request on Monday morning and she just said “ hey day, the refund from Perisher is back on my card.” (Wednesday midday)
What documentation did she supply as proof? Maybe we have not supplied enough documentation (I just cut and pasted the address from my Perisher Profile that has been the same for the last 18 years - they seemed to be perfectly happy to use this address to make our passes invalid). Mind you, my email just randomly sent the first email to them before I had finished typing it, so then I had to send a second one - maybe they got confused by it all.

retread

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2010
Mortdale
We just did a screen dump of the order confirmation from when we first purchased the tickets. Included that as a jpg in the email. Yeah I pressed send on one of mine before adding the attachments. Not normally a big fan of Perisher but I’ve been amazed at the turn around of 4 separate claims. Good luck

sixty_eight

One of Us
Feb 18, 2009
NSW
Turns out my refund was processed just a couple of days after I applied. Someone in our household (she shall remain nameless) told me repeatedly that there was no refund on the credit card. I sent another email on Friday with a rates notice attached asking if this was the reason for the delay. I received and email a few hours later saying that the refund had already been processed. We rechecked the statements, and sure enough it had.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass