1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Quick check...travel time from Merrijig

Discussion in 'Mt Buller' started by spunk72, Aug 9, 2013.

1. spunk72

spunk72 Hard Yards

I know its' kinda variable, but how long should we allow to drive up from Merrijig? We need to get kids to ski school around 8.30 ish....I thought about leaving at 7.30am?? We have 4wd so hoping we don't need to fit chains, (but I note the Buller report says they are fitting them this morning...)

2. EvilTeddy

EvilTeddy Hard Yards

Are the kids having to hire skis/boots etc? I would say to leave at 7ish, just to give you a bit more wiggle room. I would say it usually takes 45-60mins, depending on how many buses/slow cars are ahead of you, but then again, I usually drive up in the evenings (or take the bus!)

3. spunk72

spunk72 Hard Yards

Fair enough. Kids have all their gear. Would we take the shuttle bus or Horsehill Chair... kids can all snowplough.. Sorry for all questions, first time I have had kids in ski school at Buller... I normally avoid Bourke St like the plague!

4. EvilTeddy

EvilTeddy Hard Yards

Horsehill should be fine (there's snow there now), but you will just have a trek across the mountain. The shuttle doesn't take long though, it's just the effort of loading and unloading everyone.