1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW WEATHERZONE FOLK

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Replacement hotronic element

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Sydlouise, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Sydlouise

Sydlouise Addicted

Hi :)
    I'm off to Austria on Friday and was rounding up my gear that was loaned out and sadly my boot soles with the heated foot pads have gone missing. I've still got the battery packs and charger but they're power plus version so I think a newer version has come out the S series, not sure about compatibility.

Does anyone know if the new heating elements would plug into the older battery packs and if anyone in Aus is selling just the heating elements and strip that stick to your soles rather than the full kit? I've started googling but really confused about compatibility in particular.
    Thanks in advance.
    Louise

2. Sydlouise

Sydlouise Addicted

3. Choppers

Choppers Hard Yards

Hi,

I was looking for the same kit too. The heating element, batteries and connectors are compatible for all models. Only the older chargers might not work.

https://www.hotronic.com/products/fw/fw_compatibility.html

I also can’t find the Hotronic element and cambrelle cover kit in Aus. Easy to find in the US though.

I would find a Aus based supplier and ask them to order especially. I imagine they mostly sell the full battery/heater kit.

Tested my 7 year old Hotronic E series battery over the weekend on full setting (Constant level 4) and it lasted 4 1/4 hours which is decent.

4. climberman

climberman CloudRide1000 Legend Ski Pass: Gold

I hate to give them any business at all but I think LA in the CBD carries hotronic stuff, maybe give them a call?

5. Sydlouise

Sydlouise Addicted

Bumps in Melbourne had the kits in stock and couriered it to me super fast for $10. It ended up being pretty warm in Austria so I didnt use it but glad I've got it for my next super cold trip :)