Resort bungles probe

Serenity

Hard Yards
May 27, 2012
Gippsland
Above heading in the Herald Sun today, page 13. According to the article, Belgravia will end its contract with BB and LM by April of next year, reverting to direct board control. The implication is that the current board may well be given the boot, as the Environment Minister was quite critical of the way they have mishandled affairs. Will be interesting to see how next winter is managed and by whom. Sounds like we have been through this before?

Oldie

Hard Yards
May 1, 2002
Outer SE Melbourne
Decided to bump this thread instead of starting a new one.
So, it appears that Belgravia has been shown the door, but has there been any concrete moves to establish a new regime to run BB this coming winter? The BB website has got information on staff needed for 2016 season so I presume it's all systems go, but how will the place be managed? Has an RMB been established yet?

If anyone has any information please post so we can get an idea of whats in store for the coming season.

Thanks
Oldie.

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
Where did you see the info about Belgravia having been "shown the door'? Interested, but out of touch (just back from Hakuba).

Serenity

Hard Yards
May 27, 2012
Gippsland
So chriscross,I hope you spent my money wisely! LM and BB will be managed together by a single combined board with a 'new' CEO, Phil 'someone', who has been in the seat before I believe. I think existing staff will manage the situation at BB as best as they can,but I'm not sure what the longer term plan is.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
I trust there's a plan to generate electricity more economically at Bawbs? This is a key for long-term sustainability.

Also hope there's a plan for top-bottom snowmaking on more runs than just Tank Hill. Plus more summer grooming to operate more runs in low-a srage snow depths.

Anyone???

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Snowy Mountains
Ad for snowmakers says diesel still. In fact, the snowmaker ad asks for highly experienced pros.

Why would a pro bother working for award while management shovel money to themselves?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass