1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Resort bungles probe

Discussion in 'Mt Baw Baw' started by Serenity, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Serenity

Serenity Hard Yards

Above heading in the Herald Sun today, page 13. According to the article, Belgravia will end its contract with BB and LM by April of next year, reverting to direct board control. The implication is that the current board may well be given the boot, as the Environment Minister was quite critical of the way they have mishandled affairs. Will be interesting to see how next winter is managed and by whom. Sounds like we have been through this before?

2. absentskier

absentskier Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

3. Oldie

Oldie Hard Yards

Decided to bump this thread instead of starting a new one.
    So, it appears that Belgravia has been shown the door, but has there been any concrete moves to establish a new regime to run BB this coming winter? The BB website has got information on staff needed for 2016 season so I presume it's all systems go, but how will the place be managed? Has an RMB been established yet?

If anyone has any information please post so we can get an idea of whats in store for the coming season.

Thanks
    Oldie.

4. chriscross

chriscross One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Where did you see the info about Belgravia having been "shown the door'? Interested, but out of touch (just back from Hakuba).

5. Serenity

Serenity Hard Yards

So chriscross,I hope you spent my money wisely! LM and BB will be managed together by a single combined board with a 'new' CEO, Phil 'someone', who has been in the seat before I believe. I think existing staff will manage the situation at BB as best as they can,but I'm not sure what the longer term plan is.

6. chriscross

chriscross One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Rest assured funds were invested judiciously. Let's hope we can say the same about the management of our local ski areas.

7. snowgum

snowgum One of Us

I trust there's a plan to generate electricity more economically at Bawbs? This is a key for long-term sustainability.

Also hope there's a plan for top-bottom snowmaking on more runs than just Tank Hill. Plus more summer grooming to operate more runs in low-a srage snow depths.

Anyone???

8. crackson

crackson A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Ad for snowmakers says diesel still. In fact, the snowmaker ad asks for highly experienced pros.

Why would a pro bother working for award while management shovel money to themselves?