1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Resort entry Early Bird dates and season locker/cage rentals

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by Moondog55, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Moondog55

Moondog55 One of Us

This season has been a total bust for me for many and various reasons
    But I'm going to give it one more shot
    However I really am getting too damned old to walk up / hitch hike up the hill.
    Having just paid for my season 2019 Hero Pass I thought that this year I should get a seasons pass for parking
    When do they go on sale and does anybody have any idea of the old farts price for 2019?
    And per the title are the cages to rent good value?

2. Moondog55

Moondog55 One of Us

Anybody else think that the parking pass increase is gouging? I know my pension hasn't gone up by 33% over the last 2 years and from what I heard on the hill this season neither have staff wages

3. rowdyflat

rowdyflat One of Us

Gouging and skiing in Australia go together.

skiflat likes this.
  4. Moondog55

Moondog55 One of Us

There was and is no incentive for me to buy a pass this year [ I don't see any cost benefit at this years price] so I'll continue to do what I usually do. Walk up or hitchhike but I may well get a locker or storage for the season depending on who offers me the best deal, which may be sharing with another skier naturally

5. Scott No Mates Ver 1.1

Scott No Mates Ver 1.1 Addicted

Is the carpark owned by Macquarie Group too?

6. Kelpieboy

Kelpieboy One of Us

I wonder if the new owners will do something about resort entry/parking price stupidity at Falls. Seems excessive to me , I pay $85 p/a for all year all parks entry in NSW (non locals would pay $199 for the same). Falls want $475 just to enter and park ,season pass not even year round. Daily rates are $29 in NSW and $49 at Falls. I see this as an obstacle for southern NSW skiers who traditionally go to Perisher/Thredbo but now want to try Falls/Hotham as well. I visit both sides of the border but mostly the NSW resorts simply because of the extra cost involved in VIC resorts. Just hoping somethting is done about this pricing stupidity.

7. stansi

stansi One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Early bird resort at Hotham is $525, Victorian "All Resorts" is $600 until the end of April.
    Seems a no brainer to Me to go the all resorts if You want to ski Falls and Hotham.