Question Resort entry earlybird

Marc8491927

Hard Yards
Mar 28, 2015
Victoria
Hi all,

Just wondering if its worthwhile getting the Earlybird resort season entry for $299 then upgrading to an all resorts permit or hanging out and waiting until they release the price for the All resorts permit? Do they usually have any specials for the All resort permit?

Thanks in advance

Towie97

Hard Yards
Mar 9, 2015
Adelaide
Do you mean $290?

I can't answer the heart of your question definitively. However the page that says All Seasons pricing is still to be released implies that it is only offered as an upgrade.
I'm sure someone who has bought one before will come along and answer shortly.
___
T97

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
All resorts pass is very expensive and I can't recall any specials. I think it was about $650 last year. You really need to be planning on spending a fair few days at resorts other than your "home mountain". People who are seriously into racing or other competition need them. Few others seem to find it worthwhile. If you just want to ski Falls & Hotham I think you need about 7 Hotham days before you break even.

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
I buy the All resorts pass every year, now. In a good season I will get to BB, LM, Buller/ Stirling and FC for at least a week ( Hoppet week and maybe more ) plus the odd trip to Hotham. It's worth it.

stansi

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 1, 2007
Shepparton Vic.
From an email today.

Winter 2015 Resort Entry Price – Hotham Season Permit
Online Early Bird Hotham Season Permit for Vehicle
(purchased pre 1st May 2015)
For private cars & 4WD's $465.00 if purchased online
Online Hotham Season Permit for Vehicle(purchased from 1 May 2015)
For private cars & 4WD's $525.00 if purchased online
Season Permit for VehicleFor private cars & 4WD's $565.00 if purchased at RMB office
Online Early Bird All Resorts* Permit for Vehicle
(purchased pre 1st May 2015) $577.00 if purchased online
All Resorts* Permit for Vehicle(purchased from 1 May 2015) $651.00

All prices are in Australian dollars and Include GST.

Under restructured pricing, complimentary Resort Entry for over 65s no longer applies.

*All Resorts Season Permits include entry to the following resorts for the 2015 Winter season – Hotham, Falls Creek, Mount Buller / Stirling, Mount Baw Baw and Lake Mountain.

For further information or assistance please contact Mount Hotham Resort Management 03 5759 3550

- See more at: http://www.mthotham.com.au/plan-my-trip/travel-to-hotham/resort-entry/#sthash.OTWoIEXs.dpuf

Marc8491927

Hard Yards
Mar 28, 2015
Victoria
Thanks Mate, that's exactly what I was after. Hero pass + All resorts entry + a month off in July = Me being pretty excited for the winter. Let's just hope this talk of a below average season turns out to be wrong.

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
Still has not arrived ( ie. not in time for opening week-end). IMO very ordinary service, indeed. The girl in their office claims they had a printing problem. Like, they haven't had Early Bird Passes printed before? Not good enough. Paying skiing public treated like mushrooms again.

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
Received mine today. I was lucky that I could zip home from work at lunch to check the mail box and then get to the post office as it was a Registered Post envelope. Not everyone would be able to do that.
Very poor service considering it was paid for in April. There would have been fistycuffs at the resort entry window tomorrow had it not arrived.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
I elected to pick mine up. Works well if you are going up QBW and not really caring about hitting the slopes early. Not so good if you are waiting for really good snow and don't want to have to stop at the gate.

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
Yes it is really poor form. They should know the amount of visitors that arrive on QBW. The passes were paid for in April. What has taken so long? I seriously would not be happy if it were me.

gaz35

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 9, 2013
Yes it is really poor form. They should know the amount of visitors that arrive on QBW. The passes were paid for in April. What has taken so long? I seriously would not be happy if it were me.
I understand that they have outsourced a lot of their admin. I assume that it hasn't been plain sailing.

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
16th June. Still nothing. Considering a letter to resort management, but will it achieve anything? Weather's looking interesting for next week. All Resorts Pass could come in handy.

Towie97

Hard Yards
Mar 9, 2015
Adelaide
Turns out to be quite ironic of them to call it 'earlybird'
I've got mine today - it actually arrived in Adelaide on Tuesday but it's registered post and there was no one home to sign for it.
(NB - FC only, not All Resorts)
____
T97

Hully

One of Us
May 6, 2004
Kiewa Valley
On their website FCRM are saying this in regards to Resort Entry passes:
"If you purchase 7 days prior to arrival we will post your permit in the mail, allowing you to bypass the Ticket Box and head straight to the village."
What do those who paid for Season Passes by end of April think of this?

Towie97

Hard Yards
Mar 9, 2015
Adelaide
I think that perhaps they genuinely did have a supplier let them down with the printing, but hopefully that is only in relation to the standard labels and that they can now send them as soon as they are ordered.
Maybe that is optimistic...
___
T97

Towie97

Hard Yards
Mar 9, 2015
Adelaide
What I have found bemusing is regularly seeing banner adverts from them throughout May on this site promoting the earlybird deal. Even as recently as last weekend!
____
T97

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
Unbelievable. Following yet another email exchange, a message arrives ( the 2nd such message) stating that the pass has been posted and the tracking number is so and so, a different number from the earlier one. I visited my local P.O. thinking that there might have been a hold up there. No, nothing had arrived. The friendly, helpful post office man asked for the number and looked it up. It had been registered at F.C. post office on 18/6, like, yesterday! The person in their (FC) office apologised, again.

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
So, bro, so-called early bird pass arrives 2 weeks after official opening of ski season, 7 weeks after payment, and that's ok? I'm not convinced.

Conners

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2013
South Coast SA
Yeah, I know it's pretty hopeless
To be honest it was more the pedant in me that has been annoyed, we buy the earlybird because its cheaper but we wont actually use it till next month. With all the non-refundable aspect of passes etc I just worry that I'll get stung having to buy another if it goes missing.

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
Nup. If it's anything like last year, we won't get it until after season opening LOL

gaz35

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 9, 2013
Anyone got the 2016 Pass from FC yet?
apparently mine sent registered post 19 May - not received yet. Aust Post are saying "in transit".

Takes me an hour to drive to falls creek but more than a week having paid $7 to have an envelope delivered

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
apparently mine sent registered post 19 May - not received yet. Aust Post are saying "in transit".

Takes me an hour to drive to falls creek but more than a week having paid $7 to have an envelope delivered
That's the new Australia Post for you

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass