1. Coronavirus #StayHome

Official Advice

- People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others and gatherings are limited to two people unless you are with your family or household.
    - If you believe you may have contracted the virus, call your doctor (don’t visit) or contact the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
    - If you are struggling to breathe or experiencing a medical emergency, call 000.

Information Resources Mental Health Note: This announcement may be closed & This announcement will be reset every few days.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Resort entry ... pay by day or season?

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by Ziggy, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy A Local Ski Pass: Gold

There's nothing on their website about the rate for one person in a car by the day, or whether the season pass on that varies as well.

Was about $15 last year for a solo in a car.

Rang the info number today and was promised a return call which didn't happen.

Tomorrow is the cut-off for an early season pass.

Anyone know anything about this?

2. Ulmerhutte

Ulmerhutte One of Us

AFAIK, there is a single charge for a car, ie a vehicle under 12 passengers. Apart from that limit, the number of people in that car is irrelevant. Ditto for a season's pass.

I always buy a season's pass, so I not that sure of daily charges, but I think last year the charge was >$30/day.

See http://www.fallscreek.com.au/ResortEntry

#2 Ulmerhutte, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  3. Ziggy

Thanks. But no, they've been charging about half for a car with only one person in it. Been that way for some years.

4. Ulmerhutte

Ulmerhutte One of Us

There you go, I have learned something new. Thanks.

I have had season's passes for maybe 10 -12 years, so I have not really paid much attention to daily entry (and, in fact, I cannot remember the last time I actually stopped at Howman's).

5. Stratus

Stratus A Local

I think last year I got in for $15 by myself. They certainly don't advertise it. I too am deciding whether to go for season pass or not.

6. Ziggy

Yeah. Drawback is that if you get a multi-day solo pass they may ask you to join the queue anyway to check that you're not smuggling someone in.

7. Stratus

Stratus A Local

I remember you can't get a multi-day solo pass. Its only for 1 day and you can only get it at Howmans gap. So if you are staying multiple nights your choices are:

a) Drive down to Howmans gap after 2pm each day for a new $15 pass.

b) Pay $15 for the first day, then go to Oversnow and buy additional days at $35/each and keep your car spot.

#7 Stratus, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  8. Stratus

Stratus A Local

So good for day trippers.