Resort Entry Season Pass

ski4me08

Hard Yards
Jul 4, 2008
Hi all.

Was just wondering if the Falls Creek Season Pass for resort entry can also be used at Hotham like the lift pass.

If not, are there any places you would recommend parking off-mountain and bussing/hitchhiking?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Hully

One of Us
May 6, 2004
Kiewa Valley
At Falls you can defintely upgrade your Season Pass to an All Resorts, thought that they all offered it. Do know that it has to be done through the "Home" resort. The upgrade at Falls is $294 due to Seasons Pass being $340 full price. All Resorts this season was set at $634 and this price applies no matter which resort you buy it from.

Hully

One of Us
May 6, 2004
Kiewa Valley
OK - thanks for that.
Upgrading my Hotham pass at the gate at Falls one morning I can see it was easier just to tell me 'no'.

Slush
That's a shame, I would have advised you to call Hotham RMB and organise it over the phone...Hotham then could have sent through a message to Falls and organised a complimentary pass until you could get your All Resorts sticker. I for one make sure that people do not have to pay anymore than they ought to.

FatBoyDave

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 3, 2013
Melbourne
Hoys do provide a secure carpark in Harrietville but they charge for it.
The upside, you don't need to hire chains. Do the sums first. Depending on how long you are staying it can add up.

ski4me08

Hard Yards
Jul 4, 2008
another.option is free.parking at dinner plain and no resort entry but pay for the 15 min bus to hotham

If I want to park at DP and avoid the Hotham resort entry fee will I have to drive up via Omeo? Or does Hotham allow you to drive through if you're not parking your car?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

bdenny4

One of Us
Jun 28, 2008
Bayside Melb
All this kind of info is on the resort website

Basically you can drive through Hotham within a certain time frame to Dinner Plain and not pay resort entry fee.

Slush

Addicted
Aug 10, 1999
Hotham or Melbourne
another.option is free.parking at dinner plain and no resort entry but pay for the 15 min bus to hotham
And the bus fare from DP to Hotham includes a portion for resort entry...

I assume people understand that resort entry isn't just for 'parking', it includes things like the snow bus, ski patrol, sewerage, water etc?

Hully - it was no big deal - I think it worked out that I paid $650 in resort entry fees rather than $600 for the year. In the scheme of 20 days skiing for a family of four, the extra $50 is not a big component.

cookieman

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 7, 2013
Melbourne
The dinner plain option is a good if your accommodation is there and you may have the odd day staying in DP and not skiing at Hotham, otherwise all resort pass (early bird) would be best if intending to ski at Hotham and at least another one resort.IMO.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass