1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Resorts with child care

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Budgiesmuggler, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Budgiesmuggler

Budgiesmuggler A Local Ski Pass: Gold

So... friends have suggested going to japan, and wife has tentatively agreed with us going (yay!). But friends have suggested club med Sahoro which is eye-wateringly expensive.

Are there any similar places they have child care but less exy?

Going over NY.

2. zarik

zarik Hard Yards

Lots of places. What age is the kid/kids? I used daycare for my kids and had to help friends recently to find a place that could take a 2 year old

So places I know:
    1. Hakuba Goryu Imori. They have daycare, staff is great, they always have someone who can speak English.

2. Hakuba Cortina, Hotel Green Plaza from 3 years old. Easy right in front of hotel and next to lift. Super easy

3. Nozawa. Neat Hikage Gondola, if you stay around there it is easy, if in town not so much

4. Madarao hotel has daycare, I never used it but it is right inside hotel.

My suggestion is if kid is over 3, go to Cortina. Place is great. If less I think Goryu/Imori is great. If you want to go to Nozawa(which is an awesome town and resort) then get accommodation near Gondola.

3. geeoff

geeoff Hard Yards

FISS in Furano.
    Should still be accomodation at that time in Furano at a reasonable rate. You need to stay in Kitanomine area as the daycare is based on that side. That is where most accomodation is anyway.

4. Born2ski

Born2ski Part of the Furniture

Tomamu has childcare. And there's a few different options with regards to accommodation, including renting apartments direct from owners.

5. Lucky Pete

Lucky Pete One of Us

Cortina is amazing in some ways for sure, personally though I would stay more central in Hakuba then Cortina which is not much chop on a non pow day and stupidly crowded when it is, with no real chance of going anywhere than the resort if you want to go for a walk etc etc. Still many people have a great holiday out there and even if you get one epic run there you will remember it forever.

In Hakuba as well as the places listed above I think Happo has some facilities for child care (TBC) and there are now quite a few baby sitting businesses in town.

6. Budgiesmuggler

How did you go about renting apartments direct?

7. silva

silva One of Us

Myoko also has childcare which has an excellent reputation.

8. Budgiesmuggler

Have used it. The lady is lovely but the room is tiny for more active toddlers