Resorts within easy commute from Geneva?

adminvb

First Runs
Nov 11, 2013
Have done Val, looking for something else now. Needs to have a good number of green for my +1.

Any suggestions?

skicouple

Hard Yards
Jun 30, 2003
Sydney
You could try Zermatt, varied runs for all levels and if all else fails there is always the scenery, its awesome... in the village and on the mountains... :thumbs:

Heinz

Fully vaccinated but nowhere to go
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2005
Adelaide
Morzine which is part of the Portes du Soliel region comprising of about a dozen areas on the French / Swiss border all under the one ticket. Buses from Geneve airport.

adminvb

First Runs
Nov 11, 2013
On the French side investigate La Clusaz and Megeve. Both are special although relatively low altitude.

Chamonix after the French school holidays.

Going north around the lake look at Villars, never been there but sounds interesting as an older style Swiss resort.

Multitude of options!

Cheers
Powdercat
www.skihimalaya.com

Last edited:

adminvb

First Runs
Nov 11, 2013
whoops!

cross out both Chamonix and maybe Villars for your beginner / low intermediate

both La Clusaz and Megeve would be fab options provided the snow is ok - which I imagine it is this year. The only downside is both resorts have relatively spread out mountains which in some instances require connection by local bus

both rank high on charm and scenery

PC

A

a'Becket

When you say ""commute" do you mean day trips, or reasonably close for a weekend or longer? One of the things I noticed travelling by train from Zurich to Geneva one weekend many years ago was that people with skis got off at almost every stop. There are obviously many small resorts that are accessible by train from Geneva for day trips, as well as the big names.

adminvb

First Runs
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks for the info so far folks.

By commute I mean an easy (1-2hr) train trip after work on Friday from Geneva. +1 is working there for 2 weeks so I'll fly in on Friday morning and we'll go from there either on the 1st or 2nd weekend.

Lots of options.

A

a'Becket

Verbier has a station in the valley and a gondola to access the resort. I can't remember how far away it is, but nothing in Switzerland is very far.

andy33

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
Newcastle
martigny is at the very bottom of the valley, then change fo train to le chable station near the gondola.

snorkel

First Runs
Feb 12, 2005
a hill
Villars & Chateau d'Oex are pretty close, train to Aigle, bus to Villar. Chateau d'Oex, train to Bulle and bus to the village,they are a couple of the smaller ones I visited there are heaps of other small resorts around the lake try www.skiswitzerland.com
It takes 3 hrs to get to Verbier, along with the rest of the Genevoise who are there before you because they have a car, so I wouldn'nt bother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums