Riding/Camping alone isn't as fun

Ohio

Hard Yards
Aug 24, 2016
Coffs Harbour/ Innsbruck
Hey guys, just found this forum. I'm a splitboarder looking for people to ride with this weekend, plan on hiking from Charlotte Pass to the main range on Saturday morning and camping there 'til Tuesday arv. I'm hoping to hit whatever steeps look rideable.
This will be my third annual split and camp trip to the main range, unfortunately everyone I know has work commitments and can't go this year, but I refuse to give up my favourite tradition, so I'm still goin.

Happy to ride/ski with anyone, I've been splitboarding in the Tyrollean alps for 8 yrs (spend half the year there), snowboarding for 22 yrs, and have extensive avi training and alpine medical rescue training. Just saying I'm a safe rider and won't hold you back, on ascent or descent.
Would be really awesome if anyone else wants to camp, too, looking like good weather and conditions, at least until Tuesday!

Spiersy

One of Us
Apr 11, 2009
NSW
5 mates of mine are going to be climbing at Blue lake this weekend. Not sure exactly where they will be camping but they a a jolly mob full of good craic (irishmen). Maybe say Hi and camp nearby?

Reactions: Kletterer

Ohio

Hard Yards
Aug 24, 2016
Coffs Harbour/ Innsbruck
How do you get to CP?
Yeah, that's a catch, the answer is "go on Tues or Friday," ha, but have to write an exam Fri morn in Coffs Harbour, so stuck. Last year drove to Bullocks, tube to Perisher, 1/2 price oversnow to Charlottes, got a few turns in, had my free lunch and beer, then dropped over the back and started splitting, was a dream. Now I'm debating whether to just walk (ski) the Kosci Rd from Perisher, which is 9km but very flat. Any suggestions?
Is parking less of a swindle down in Vic?

Reactions: skifree

Ohio

Hard Yards
Aug 24, 2016
Coffs Harbour/ Innsbruck
5 mates of mine are going to be climbing at Blue lake this weekend. Not sure exactly where they will be camping but they a a jolly mob full of good craic (irishmen). Maybe say Hi and camp nearby?
Go raibh maith agat, I will keep my ears open for jolly singing and the sounds of whisky-sipping :) Hope to meet them.

climberman

CloudRide1000 Legend
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2000
the sunny illawarra
Yeah, that's a catch, the answer is "go on Tues or Friday," ha, but have to write an exam Fri morn in Coffs Harbour, so stuck. Last year drove to Bullocks, tube to Perisher, 1/2 price oversnow to Charlottes, got a few turns in, had my free lunch and beer, then dropped over the back and started splitting, was a dream. Now I'm debating whether to just walk (ski) the Kosci Rd from Perisher, which is 9km but very flat. Any suggestions?
Is parking less of a swindle down in Vic?
Think about going from Guthega. There's overnight parking. A few k'ms further, sort of, but not always, depending on where you want to ride.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass