RMB.....Busted!

the_guru

One of Us
May 30, 2002
On Location!
So I Brought an Early Bird car pass at Hotham through the Resort Management Board for $350.
We have now discovered that a car pass out of early bird is $500.
RMB are also now claiming an Early Bird pass WAS $395.
This of course looks much better compared to a pass brought out of the early bird period.
There never seems to be any representatives from either the RMB or MHSC on here?
Unlike say Falls.
So RMB? How do you explain this? A typo? I think not.

A rip off more like it to compensate your silly automated gate entry system and the iPads. Bet RMB all got one.

Here's an idea scrap the gate entry fee and solve all your problems.
The leases on the properties on Hotham pay for everything. Excluding perks for the RMB. The gate entry fee pays for there nice cars homes etc.

Why hasn't the media caught onto the Australian ski industry scams yet?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

the_guru

One of Us
May 30, 2002
On Location!
Still waiting for an answer on this one? Sure you guys read the threads here.
OK 24 hours and I will start posting names alla Hinch style..

dossa5

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 2, 2009
Ovens Valley N.E Vico
not sure if this has been posted before but why is it that if you opt for a staff car pass you must park at wire plain. if youre driving up top from the valley it takes so long to get back to the village from wire plain. no wonder a lot of locals buy standard car passses. go guru name the names.

FlatLander

Addicted
May 18, 2002
Hobber said:
skidown said:
I am still trying to work out what the problem is...

ditto.

double ditto

Is it just me (I was blonde when I was younger - now just grey), I have no idea what the rant is about!!!

and name names!! - FFS we are all waiting

Last edited by a moderator:

Cuppa

A Local
Aug 8, 2000
I think the whinge is paying $350 for the car pass and then finding out that $350 may not have been the correct price.
confused.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
the_guru said:
... Brought an Early Bird car pass at Hotham
through the Resort Management Board for $350.

We have now discovered that a car pass out of Early Bird is $500.

RMB are also now claiming an Early Bird pass WAS $395.

..\.

So, your point is that you are very concerned for your fellow human beings who want to take their cars into Hotham on a regular basis over Winter?

With this approach, you might get an invoice for $45, sonny.

FlatLander

Addicted
May 18, 2002
Cuppa said:
I think the whinge is paying $350 for the car pass and then finding out that $350 may not have been the correct price.
confused.gif

sorry still dont get it.

If TG paid $350 and price should have been $395 and TG has pass then whats the problem.

Are RMB trying to extract another $45 - I would see that the error lies with the seller and thats where it stops.

Are RMB saying no pass was purchased and you must pay the normal rate now?? If so prove that the pass was purchased prior to cut off date.

Darksidepoints

Hard Yards
Apr 21, 2009
Winter
dossa5 said:
not sure if this has been posted before but why is it that if you opt for a staff car pass you must park at wire plain. if youre driving up top from the valley it takes so long to get back to the village from wire plain. no wonder a lot of locals buy standard car passses. go guru name the names.

Staff parking was at Whiskey Flat, did they change it?

eastside

Hard Yards
May 18, 2010
Early bird prices - $350 for Hotham / $460 for All Resorts
Regular prices - $395 for Hotham / $518 for All Resorts
Staff is $65 for the season and requires day parking at Wire Plain and overnight parking at Whiskey Flat

sixty_eight

One of Us
Feb 18, 2009
NSW
It can be deposited into my Nigerian bank account. Just send me your bank account details and I can arrange it all.

the_guru

One of Us
May 30, 2002
On Location!
I was passing some info on that I now have found to be incorrect.
Sorry kids if you didn't understand the post!

I will print in bigger letters next time!

Hobber

A Local
May 22, 2002
Sydney
Yes, you are right, the problem was our inability to understand...
biggrin.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Azz

One of Us
Jun 16, 2006
East Gippsland, Victoria
Yardsale said:
For god's sake, walk in and ask them! And then post it here.
You're up there all the time.

I have never ever walked into RMB (and thats been a lot of times) and come away with,

1. A straight answer
2. having to wait behind others who were not pissed off
3. being a happy camper when I left

RMB seem to great at upsetting folks
confused.gif

FlatLander

Addicted
May 18, 2002
Azz said:
Yardsale said:
For god's sake, walk in and ask them! And then post it here.
You're up there all the time.

I have never ever walked into RMB (and thats been a lot of times) and come away with,

1. A straight answer
2. having to wait behind others who were not pissed off
3. being a happy camper when I left

RMB seem to great at upsetting folks
confused.gif

come now Azz, thats just not fair. They are happy happy people doing a mighty fine job, and we are all the better for their friendly service.

Just ask them, and they will tell you!

Darksidepoints

Hard Yards
Apr 21, 2009
Winter
dossa5 said:
sorry all- my mistake. Whiskey Flat it is. Still it adds half hour to the trip.

You can walk back to the edge of the bus loop in ten minutes.... I am lazy so I always hitched out of there. Most staff don't move their cars in and out that often anyway.

RMB have done ok by me, the times when they could have fined me they have always called first and asked me to move my car.

trappers

Safety not guaranteed
Ski Pass
Jul 28, 1999
An airport
www.owithalinethroughit.com
There is (or used to be) a button / Radio on the light pole at the entry to the staff carpark which you could call a bus on to come pick you up - longest wait I used to have was about 15min.

Airwalk

First Runs
Jun 28, 2011
I've always wondered what the breakdown was regarding fee's collected at resort entrances. I've always hated the fee's but given that everything relating to the aussie snow industry is a rip it doesn't piss me off more or less than other costs.

stansi

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 1, 2007
Shepparton Vic.
Airwalk said:
I've always wondered what the breakdown was regarding fee's collected at resort entrances. I've always hated the fee's but given that everything relating to the aussie snow industry is a rip it doesn't piss me off more or less than other costs.
Village Transport 40%
Ski Patrol 25%
Traffic and Parking 10%
Snow Clearing 8%
Community Facilities 7%
Enviroment Sustain. 5%
Cross country Trails 5%

eastside

Hard Yards
May 18, 2010
This thread has mutated into a productive stream of information.

Some clarification, as the Hotham website points out - $39.50 / day for daily permits. If you visit more than ten times in a season, best buy the $395 season pass.

If you have a season staff pass ($65 for the season, obtainable by getting a form signed by a manager / supervisor saying you are an on-mountain employee) you can only park overnight at Whiskey Flat and during the day at Wire Plain. (Even if you have private parking at Moritz or Hot Plate Drive etc
wink.gif

Fines are for those that flaunt resort entry. Due consideration is given to every written response to parking infringements. If you feel hard done by in regards to a parking infrigement, write a letter!

Moan all you like about RMB and it's staff and the legislative requirements they are governed by, but if resort entry wasn't enforced there would be - a. parking chaos and b. a drastic reduction in other facilities & services.

Have a good season everyone!
wink.gif

Snorkler

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne, Vic
skidown said:
I am still trying to work out what the problem is...

I'm still so confused by it, I don't know if I'll ever understand what's being complained about.

FlatLander

Addicted
May 18, 2002
stansi said:
Airwalk said:
Village Transport 40%
Ski Patrol 25%
Traffic and Parking 10%
Snow Clearing 8%
Community Facilities 7%
Enviroment Sustain. 5%
Cross country Trails 5%

I still dont get it

TG what are you cmplaining about.

Hotham Early bird pass was $350 and is now non-early bird $395 - no issues
All reasorts early bird was about $450 and now non-early bird $512 - no issues.

Resort entry fee is not a car parking permit, it is a 'Resort Entry Fee', where each user pays equally for use of Resort services which Airwalk has kindly posted the breakdown above, this is waht your entry fees pay for - increased services provided during the ski season. This equal user pays system is based on an average number of occupants per vehicle - therefore a vehicle per day charge.

The leases and other service charges cover the costs of running a small town 12months of the year, aka shire council, and do not pay for any of these winter visitor services as described.

You will pay this fee anywhere in the world, it may be in the form of a bed tax or a resort tax - eg 10% of everything you purchase goes to running the resort - in this case what would have been a $5 pot now becomes $5.50

so bottom line is you pay, you always have to pay. what do you think the Vic or NSW govt will provide everything you desire at no additional cost, because they are nice!!!

If you dont like the services provided for your fee, the hike up to F'top and join the other trailmix munching bearded school teachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hobber

A Local
May 22, 2002
Sydney
Unlike NSW, where the annual National Park entry fee for Kosci park went from $80 to $190 for winter to subsidise walking trails and drop loos for the summer tourists
tantrum.gif
And that is just for 'using' the park. The National Parks don't do roads, so none of the money goes to road infrastructure or clearing, and they certainly don't do transport or ski patrol. Or parking.

It doesn't go toward resort facilities - you pay for these in your lift ticket prices.

So if you go only to Thredbo resort, you never actually set foot in the pure park - you are on the road (RTA responsibility) then the ski resort lease area (KT handle parking / clearing / transport / facilities). Okay, Perisher handed the car park back to NSW Parks service a year ago so as of a year ago, at Perisher you do park in the National Park, not the Perisher lease.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using