1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Roads and conditions

Discussion in 'Mt Baw Baw' started by Jag_sv2000, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Jag_sv2000

Jag_sv2000 First Runs

Hi Guys,

This will be the first time- after a very long time we will be heading to Baw Baw during peak snow season. I was planning going on Wednesday early morning, being there around 8. Weather forecast is showing snow. So I was wondering what the roads and visibility is like heading into the mountain. Is it easy to drive into the village? How do they compare to Buller? I only drive a small corolla!

I'm a noob to skiing, want to teach my wife some basics as well as practice at moving to intermediate stage my self. Is Baw Baw good for that? Altervative is Buller- which I really enjoyed last time I went and is slightly closer to us.

Thanks
    Jag

2. Jellybeans

Jellybeans Walking on a cloud Ski Pass: Gold

Hey Jag
    Might be too late but roads and visibility are pretty good because of lower elevation. I ski Buller a lot and Baw Baw doesn't compare for intermediates. But beginners are well catered for at Baw Baw compared to just Bourke St and BHS(This isn't a problem for me as I ski the harder runs). If you are more of a beginner, go to Baw Baw, otherwise Buller does well with intermediate runs