Roads and conditions

Jag_sv2000

First Runs
Aug 10, 2015
Hi Guys,

This will be the first time- after a very long time we will be heading to Baw Baw during peak snow season. I was planning going on Wednesday early morning, being there around 8. Weather forecast is showing snow. So I was wondering what the roads and visibility is like heading into the mountain. Is it easy to drive into the village? How do they compare to Buller? I only drive a small corolla!

I'm a noob to skiing, want to teach my wife some basics as well as practice at moving to intermediate stage my self. Is Baw Baw good for that? Altervative is Buller- which I really enjoyed last time I went and is slightly closer to us.

Thanks
Jag

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Box Hill, VIC
Hey Jag
Might be too late but roads and visibility are pretty good because of lower elevation. I ski Buller a lot and Baw Baw doesn't compare for intermediates. But beginners are well catered for at Baw Baw compared to just Bourke St and BHS(This isn't a problem for me as I ski the harder runs). If you are more of a beginner, go to Baw Baw, otherwise Buller does well with intermediate runs

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass