Ruined castle park opening?

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by Nigel Thrush, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Nigel Thrush

Nigel Thrush First Runs

Anyone have an idea when ruined castle park usually opens? Iv booked a trip around the 12th of July and really hoping it will be open.

2. Isabell22

Isabell22 First Runs

Hello my dear..

3. ocker

ocker Hard Yards

They cant even keep Ruined constantly open was closed on Wednesday. Fat chance for opening the park. Snow cover really thin there.

4. Chaeron

Chaeron One of Us
    Ski Pass: Gold

Likely to be open by then. Will need a bit more and the chance of at least 2 systems before then is good.

5. mick chopps

mick chopps Pool Room

Bit late but increasingly they're not bothering to build it until later in the season from what I've noticed. Choosing to put moderate features on the intermediate Drovers park. Honestly, the Ruined park is empty or barely used most of the time so I can see why they don't bother in the early season. Still nothing there as yet.

currawong likes this.
  6. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty

RC park is a PITA. Cuts off a good run at st elmos. And they play music that you have to suffer on the lift and for a fair distance around the area.

gettingtooold likes this.
  7. mick chopps

mick chopps Pool Room

I can deal with it being built and open for the comp and late season, but building in July was just ridiculous. They've recognised this.

8. nick12

nick12 Hard Yards

Personally I think they would be better off leaving drovers a true beginner park and having the intermediate park at Ruined as soon as snow allows. Doesn't need to have the expert jumps at Ruined till later in the season but I think it would be better keeping the better riders away from beginners/kids in the Drovers park.

Hully likes this.