1. Coronavirus #StayHome

Official Advice

- People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others and gatherings are limited to two people unless you are with your family or household.
    - If you believe you may have contracted the virus, call your doctor (don’t visit) or contact the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
    - If you are struggling to breathe or experiencing a medical emergency, call 000.

Information Resources Mental Health Note: This announcement may be closed & This announcement will be reset every few days.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Run status

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by skipjack, Jul 9, 2012.

1. skipjack

skipjack Hard Yards

As with many of you I crazily watch the run status in the weeks leading up to my trip.

Here's where I get a bit confused. 14/15 lifts open including International. The maze apparently open.

Yet when you check run status areas on this site and look at the interactive trail map on the app, many are listed as closed. Runs like Last Hoot, South Face etc seem to change day by day.

Are falls only reporting groomed runs or are some of these runs open one day and shut the next.

2. snowMac

snowMac Hard Yards

I think the app just shows which runs have been groomed

3. mick chopps

mick chopps Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Yep that's right. I can tell you that as of Sunday pretty much everything was open except a few runs on the north side that are exposed all day. They will lose last hoot this week with all the rain and probably part of the maze. Everything has good cover and should be fine.

4. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Yep. They have no reporting of open runs, only grooming.

I haven't been in the maze yet, but everyone I know who has says it' s rubbish in the lower section. Last hoot is almost gone according to a friend. Inter is good now but needs more snow soon. Summit is very good. Everything over the back is great.

5. skipjack

skipjack Hard Yards

If anyone from Falls or involved with the website / app ever reads this then perhaps take it on board.

There are three separate listings - open/closed, groomed/ungroomed and snowmaking/no snowmaking. Why have three listings but actually only report on one of them?

By only reporting one it makes it look like a heap of the runs are closed. Especially if someone is new to the mountain or new to the website. They may take one look, assume that most of the mountain is closed and choose to go elsewhere.

Anyhow thanks for the responses people.

6. Richard

Richard Maintenance Dept Administrator

Damn it.

I thought I had removed Falls Run Status altogether from our site last year but it's returned this year with the usual pre-season tuning by the looks.

We have requested several times for a combined Run Status, Grooming and Snowmaking status from Falls but it has not materialised.

The only data they report on is the overnight grooming - our site is template driven and everyone else reports on run status plus snowmaking plus grooming.

I'll remove it again.