1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW WEATHERZONE FOLK

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Rusutsu kids ski school

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Boolugu Mez, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Boolugu Mez

Boolugu Mez Hard Yards

Hey brains trust, thinking of doing a stint at Rusutsu January 2020 with our almost 4 year old kid... has anyone had experience with the ski school for similar aged youngsters ? Little one has been to Japan (Niseko) twice and had fun at daycare with snow play but was too young to ski. Going to get him on planks for a trial this australian season to get a feel for how it all goes, he is super keen. Just curious if the ski school is well set up for English language? Probably will stay at Rusutsu resort Hotel for proximity to beginner area ( and creepy singing tree )...
    Any info / experience/ tips appreciated.
    Thanks in advance !

2. Olgreg

Olgreg One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

The resort website seems to say they do cater for 4yo but English group lessons start at 6yo. I have no experience but someone here will know. I have definitely seen English speaking instructors at a Rusutsu. Good luck. Don’t let the little guy drink too much potato juice.

3. Boolugu Mez

Boolugu Mez Hard Yards

Cheers Olgreg.

Got our quote and Rusutsu was super $$$$ on the dates we wanted because of CNY. Niseko sooo much cheaper that I just can't justify the extra outlay even though I do want to try Rusutsu.
    Will try next year on different dates. Thanks anyway. by the way what the heck is potato juice???? So far as I'm concerned the only potato juice is vodka !