Nov 28, 2020
Magill
Nice looking swirl coming through the Bight:

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 7.56.13 pm.png

betsuin

Addicted
Nov 28, 2020
Magill
maybe something better in about a week or less.

Well, I cycled today - I even felt rain on my face - in Gawler, we drove a work car to get there .. Bah! I was organized to get rained on on the way home, the northerly tail-wind as I cycled south was a treat though :)
Have had some showers this evening, and a "lump" over Yorkes heading this way:

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 8.49.50 pm.png

Reactions: skifree
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Robbie0404

Hard Yards
Feb 28, 2022
Pretty much an ordinary system only registered 8 1/2 mms yesterday followed by a further 1,5 mms today going by my rain gauge a total of 13.5 for this week but still makes the ground fairly damp

maybe something better in about a week or less
Would be nice to have something decent since were only 4 days out from Winter solstice being shortest day of 2022 adding in updated climate outlook video posted by BOM this arvo indicates neutral rainfall and low stream flows for the SE and wet for top part including Adelaide, Far West and up north

Although having said that one mustn't rule out the possibility of a wide spread butt kicking severe weather event much likened to the one that knocked out our power in 2016 although this time around the question is will it be SA wide or just confined to certain parts of the state like in 2016 but with other areas feeling indirect effects of it

In regards to here and now weather wise the SE is looking at another 5-10 mms on Monday next week followed by 1-5 on Tuesday/Wednesday with a further 5-10 on Thursday and thunderstorms on Friday although this may change as its still early days

ThÜñDå HûÑtÅ

One of Us
Jul 19, 2019
Reynella, South Australia
another despicable piss weak system whips the daylights out of
us with a feather duster tripping over its own shoe lases and
falling away as it gets to us.
same crap different year by the looks.
back to the same 'ol tripe... whats that you say?... oh yeah, thats right...
back to regular winter programming.
the only saving grace is we still have the snarliest part of winter to go.
see what promises next weekend brings or breaks.

TH

Robbie0404

Hard Yards
Feb 28, 2022
another despicable piss weak system whips the daylights out of
us with a feather duster tripping over its own shoe lases and
falling away as it gets to us.
same crap different year by the looks.
back to the same 'ol tripe... whats that you say?... oh yeah, thats right...
back to regular winter programming.
the only saving grace is we still have the snarliest part of winter to go.
see what promises next weekend brings or breaks.

TH
Oh so that explains why getting hit by the feather duster didn't hurt this morning Thunda LOLyes you are right on the money its barely a sparrows fart on the radar in terms of anything substantial apart from some nice showers but nothing worth getting hyped up over

It would be nice if mother nature delivers the goods in terms of some gnarly weather from now until spring or in spring even

ThÜñDå HûÑtÅ

One of Us
Jul 19, 2019
Reynella, South Australia
Oh so that explains why getting hit by the feather duster didn't hurt this morning Thunda LOLyes you are right on the money its barely a sparrows fart on the radar in terms of anything substantial apart from some nice showers but nothing worth getting hyped up over

It would be nice if mother nature delivers the goods in terms of some gnarly weather from now until spring or in spring even
for me at school the feather duster ment the teacher
got to hang on to the fluffy end and i got to wear the other.
plenty of winter left, bound to get something snitchy, snarly & gnarly...
13.5mm for me up to yesterday evening, that downpour
at 2:30pm for here certainly delivered the goods, would
have liked to see the rain gauge before that.
drizzle started here at 3:30pm today and is still going as
of 10:45pm with patches of light rain in it.
5.4mm from that so far, so a good ¾" from this system,
over a few days to keep everything schnizen damp.

TH

Robbie0404

Hard Yards
Feb 28, 2022
BOM has officially declared 21/22 La Nina as dead and buried but have shifted focus to spring 2022 with another one likely to form adding in the negative IOD of which will be also present it will be interesting to see if both events go hand in hand or clash causing mayhem and chaos

I'm fairly certain that in late 2017 we had both a negative IOD and La Nina as the SE got a run of consecutive days in the high 20's to low 30's adding in humid conditions this resulted in 2 or 3 days in a row of thunderstorms followed by a massive storm with golf ball sized hail and a rain wrapped tornado on last day of November

Memory serves me correctly as my old green barina got its front windscreen cracked. drivers side window smashed in and drivers side mirror smashed off by a massive tree branch felled by said rain wrapped nader as I was caught unexpectedly off guard only 5 kms from home when it hit

betsuin

Addicted
Nov 28, 2020
Magill
BOM has officially declared 21/22 La Nina as dead and buried but have shifted focus to spring 2022 with another one likely to form adding in the negative IOD of which will be also present it will be interesting to see if both events go hand in hand or clash causing mayhem and chaos

I'm fairly certain that in late 2017 we had both a negative IOD and La Nina as the SE got a run of consecutive days in the high 20's to low 30's adding in humid conditions this resulted in 2 or 3 days in a row of thunderstorms followed by a massive storm with golf ball sized hail and a rain wrapped tornado on last day of November

Memory serves me correctly as my old green barina got its front windscreen cracked. drivers side window smashed in and drivers side mirror smashed off by a massive tree branch felled by said rain wrapped nader as I was caught unexpectedly off guard only 5 kms from home when it hit
The hail-storm was in 2016, I got caught in it with a bunch of kids:

Yeah, my wife tried to rescue us but couldn't, windscreen broken.

FarmWeather

Addicted
Nov 26, 2020
Returning lanina maybe SA varying degrees of laninaness there’s a new word. Betcha nsw and qld get unwanted weather at unwanted times. Sometimes we get dregs in eastern SA pastorals right down to lower south east. The Adelaide hills actually help in those scenarios “lock” it into eastern 1/3 of SA cheers chaps

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Robbie0404

Hard Yards
Feb 28, 2022
Returning lanina maybe SA varying degrees of laninaness there’s a new word. Betcha nsw and qld get unwanted weather at unwanted times. Sometimes we get dregs in eastern SA pastorals right down to lower south east. The Adelaide hills actually help in those scenarios “lock” it into eastern 1/3 of SA cheers chaps
Can fully understand your swahzilli talk FarmWeather although the supposed triple dip La Nina will have an added factor here in SA with a negative IOD coming into play it will be interesting to see how these 2 interact or clash with one another of which some times results in gnarly severe weather early or late spring

However we must not take hot and humid weather out of the equation either as the storms in late November 2017 came about as result of a string of hot/humid tropical like weather for so many days straight not to forget the great SA blackout of 2016 also happened in a Negative IOD year as well due to storms

FarmWeather

Addicted
Nov 26, 2020
Just checked out models etc again this morning not much innthe offering a few frosty mornings out east. No stress though we’re quite damp. Parts of mid SE will welcome the dry water in paddocks on some heavy country.

wernerk

One of Us
Jul 5, 2019
Flinders Park
Now up to 73.9mm for the month & we passed the 10" mark on 22/6 with YTD at 253.5mm.

Corresponding figures for airport at 57.8 for June to date and 202.3mm for YTD.

Nothing major weatherwise on the horizon that I can see, just drips and drabs to keep the totals ticking over. Maybe a bit drier this week with a few colder mornings, I see a 5C tomorrow and a 6C next Sunday.

Had a half reasonable short shower today, some time before lunch I think.

FarmWeather

Addicted
Nov 26, 2020
Light frosts this week or close to frosts next week looks a little more severe.

plenty of zero to 1s in norther mallee Riverland this morning.

Yeah dry weather not water apologies

FarmWeather

Addicted
Nov 26, 2020
Checking models this morning slim pickings for two plus weeks. Odd front clipping the coast.

Funny a lot of natives are flowering a full month early.

could be reflection of decent damp start maybe.

Still odd spots in state struggling apart from the big dump last week of may not much before that or after.

But SA rarely is all Ag area good always pockets of dry.

Most of SE good lower north good western Malle good northern mallee looking for drink reckon most of EP ok upper north apparently looking for a drink north and east of Jamestown etc
50BBA494-8191-41A4-8C4E-3F2DB657C4EB.png

Robbie0404

Hard Yards
Feb 28, 2022
Seems like boring as bull dust weather for next week or so here in the LSE aside from odd cold front clipping the coast as FarmWeather has mentioned above in his reply overall for month of June we've done alright rainfall wise exceeding long term average by 10.2 mm although it wont by any standard beat our wettest June being 2016 where we recorded over 163.0 mm but its shaping up to be a very good growing season all round

Although a couple weeks of slim pickings might not be such a bad thing as it will allow paddocks to dry out a bit as I've heard from some local farming mates of mine that its a hard slog getting into their paddocks even to chop wood as the ground is so boggy even the toughest of ute or fourby gets bogged

Will be interesting to see what happens when the negative IOD ramps up were either going to get smashed with lots of rain and storms or see a dry spell followed by a good old fashioned butt kicking from a classic cut off low/cold front system

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass