Question Safety gear as ski wear

Moondog55

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 2014
Any thoughts on this pullover as a LW ski jumper?
None in stock in Geelong and being in lockdown I can't drive to Werribee even if the shop is open
https://www.rsea.com.au/workwear/jackets/eleven-black-anorak-jacket
It has some features I really like in a Mountain shirt and their XXXL might fit me over my base layers and there is a matching pant that might be OK for touring in used as a soft shell.

Reactions: Hermannator

Moondog55

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 2014
What you need is waterproofness, breathability and insulation. Anything over how you get that is mere frippery.
But on my budget price and cost is very important, when my beloved gets her promotion next month I lose ALL of my measly $2:45 pension, I see very few pullovers at this low price point.
Hence my query.

Reactions: Tanuki

Tanuki

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Sep 29, 2010
Reactions: NightSky

Moondog55

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 2014
I can't see anything about wind and water proof rating?
I doubt it's been tested but ordinary softshell fabric is OK for wind and normally showerproof
Personally I'd not be using it except as a touring shirt to replace my old LW fleece plus windshirt combo because I really need a new windshirt and the Macpac Pisa is a full zip and I prefer a pullover. Macpac really seems to have lost the plot lately where real /technical garments and sizing are concerned

Reactions: Tanuki

Tanuki

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Sep 29, 2010
I doubt it's been tested but ordinary softshell fabric is OK for wind and normally showerproof
Personally I'd not be using it except as a touring shirt to replace my old LW fleece plus windshirt combo because I really need a new windshirt and the Macpac Pisa is a full zip and I prefer a pullover. Macpac really seems to have lost the plot lately where real /technical garments and sizing are concerned
I reckon it would be fit for that purpose. I agree re the declining quality of macpac (and MD) Being bought out by private equity hasn't helped.

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass