1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Scenic Hele Tour

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by RTe, Jul 29, 2008.

1. RTe

RTe First Runs

Hey

Anybody have any views on a scenic hele tour at falls?
    How much is it?
    Where does the chopper take off and fly to?
    Do you have to fly to Hotham?
    What days does it fly?

Cheers!

2. Bryonski_aka_Bryan

Bryonski_aka_Bryan Hard Yards

prices would be listed on either falls and hotham websites, its a heli link basically so an air transport from one resort to the other, at hotham theres a helipad on top of the snow groomers workshop to the west side of zirky's, at falls creek the chopper lands and departs from the flats of cloud nine ski area. it will fly any day as long as weather permits and skiing conditions are good. usually contact with the ticketing offices at either resort can inform you if the heli link is operating on the day or check the snow reports first thing in the morning.

3. main street

main street Sun Peaks Resident

I gave a senic flight to my son on his birthday in 2006. It was every bit as much about the chopper flight as the views, but he was wrapped with both.

Heli & his crew do a great job.

[​IMG]

#3 main street, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  4. Heli

Heli A Local

TRe,

The lunchtime scenic flight from Falls goes to Feathertop and return, lasts about 15 minutes: or at least it used to, the operation isn't mine any more since I sold it last year! Look on the Falls Creek website for days and times of operation, there is a minimum number of pax required, and the days alternate with Hotham.

5. bruiser

bruiser First Runs

Heli

Who runs the operation now i have noticed they use AS 350 choppers instead of your Bk 117 i would have thought two engines over the snow and mountains would be safer .Your inflight pictures will be missed by many .

6. Heli

Heli A Local

It's the same company, just a different owner.

Mitch, who used to be the Operations Manager, is Chief Pilot, and the new owner has decided to use an AS350B Squirrel, which should fit the pax numbers better than the BK. The BK117 is now on NETS contract for AAV (Air Ambulance Victoria neo natal operations) and unavailable.