1. Coronavirus #StayHome

Official Advice

- People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others and gatherings are limited to two people unless you are with your family or household.
    - If you believe you may have contracted the virus, call your doctor (don’t visit) or contact the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
    - If you are struggling to breathe or experiencing a medical emergency, call 000.

Information Resources Mental Health Note: This announcement may be closed & This announcement will be reset every few days.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Season accomodation

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by Lukekrause, May 3, 2010.

1. Lukekrause

Lukekrause First Runs

Hey, im looking for some season accomodation either in falls or as far away as mt beauty, just wondering what my cheapest options would be(quality of room or sharing is no problems)??
    thanks

2. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

look for a share house in mt beauty. if you can't get up here ahead of time to put up a few notices, maybe try a personal ad in This Week in Falls Creek. although i'm not sure if there is another issue before qbw.

if you stay off the hill you will probably find it easier not to put all your wages over the bar

3. Lukekrause

Lukekrause First Runs

haha thanks yeah i will put an add out if i don't find anything before qbw, what about transport up to the mountain easiest to drive as il be working breakfasts and dinners?
    and is accommodation cheaper in mt beauty that on the mountain?

4. currawong

definitely cheaper in mt beauty. but if you are doing brekkies you might want to stay on the mountain. PITA getting up there for brekkie IMHO. you would definitely need to drive if up if doing brekkie & dinner. count on needing chains or a 4wd if you are going up early after a snowfall - the road is normally clear by the time guests re driving up, but not that early.

the only cheap thing that i know of is to share with others or get really lucky and get a bed for a bit of extra work in a lodge. many employers provide staff accom (not necessarily cheaply) and it can be hard to find other affordable beds unless you know returning staff.

otherwise, if you have the means, lease somewhere yourself for the season and look for housemates.

sorry i can't be more helpful

5. Lukekrause

Lukekrause First Runs

no worries about driving up i got chains and that but im sure after a while i am probably not the only person doing brekkys living in mt beauty, could organise getting lifts and that but yeah CBF, and yes halleys miscounted beds and i missed out but they are going to call me if something come available, they said its common for people to leave after the first week because of the coldness
    otherwise il try find a share room up on the mountain
    and thanks for your help [​IMG]
    take is as it comes really

#5 Lukekrause, May 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  6. durham

durham First Runs

You could try Alcatraz, also might be worthwhile getting in touch with Pea Cee at Epic House.

7. Lukekrause

Lukekrause First Runs

thanks heaps DURHAM i will try find some contact details of those two tomorrow morning as im off to bed [​IMG]

#7 Lukekrause, May 3, 2010
  8. Lukekrause

Lukekrause First Runs

i cant seem to find any contact for Peter, or pe cee [​IMG]

#8 Lukekrause, May 6, 2010
  9. clareewall

clareewall First Runs

Hey guys,

Me and my friend are also hoping to live on the mountain. Two teachers, looking for accomodation and some people to live with. Any ideas would be so greatly appreciated!

Clare

10. durham

durham First Runs

Probably should have left some contact details...
    You can contact Pea Ce at info@epicscope.com.au
    I'm really not too sure what's happening with epic house though, I'm fairly sure it's still around this season but don't know if rooms are being rented or if they are if any are available. Wouldn't suggest living there if you don't like parties either, tends to the kick-on house.

11. Lukekrause

Lukekrause First Runs

thanks durham and put it this way im 20 on may 25th, im still young its time to PARTY
    thanks ive found accommodation in mt beauty 85 a week in a rental house through one of the lodges up at falls who they also want me to work fro them too [​IMG]

#11 Lukekrause, May 8, 2010
  12. currawong

[​IMG]

#12 currawong, May 8, 2010
  13. Lukekrause

Lukekrause First Runs

okay thanks ive sent an email off to pea ce, i have just been offered accomodation in mt beauty for 85/wk fully furnished only bills are power, im gonna keep looking for onmountain accom as i have a few weeks with that share house on hold(its owned by cummings lodge and its their staff accomodation, and they also offered me part time work fridays and sundays, which gives me time to work at halleys any other day or shifts either side) [​IMG] but i will wait to hear back from pea ce, and ive also emailed 7 other lodgesil kepp you updated if i hear of anything that anyone else could be interested in

#13 Lukekrause, May 8, 2010
  14. Lukekrause

Lukekrause First Runs

speaking of Epic house, petes got all my contact details and my facebook told him a bit about me, and hes gonna see what the other guys think and if good i will be at epic this season!!
    wish me luck