Season Car Parks Pass Up almost 100% from 2017

Discussion in 'Mt Buller' started by benzerknees, Jul 10, 2018.

1. benzerknees

benzerknees Hard Yards

START RANT:
    Do you know what I love about Japan. Low inflation. The 300 yen bus trip will still be 300 yen next year and the year after and the year after. The ski pass price will stay the same.
    And your Japanese hosts will be apologetic should they put accommodation prices up a few percent.

However in Low inflation, Low wage growth Australia. The $ 250 ish 2017 season car park pass is $500 in 2018. Where are my apologetic Australian hosts to explain the 100% price gouging? Where are the public documents to justify this rise? Whose the key person in charge here? Please explain.

And I don't want to hear you can get cheaper 1 day passes by buying online the day before ....it does not help... but I think that will be their justification.

2. skull

skull One of Us

Untele-whippet and cornice11 like this.
  3. emkae

emkae One of Us
    Ski Pass - Gold

skull likes this.
  4. skull

skull One of Us

No, that would be Victoria.

Untele-whippet likes this.
  5. emkae

emkae One of Us
    Ski Pass - Gold

Buller thread?

$190 season pass would be nice - not sure how many days at Buller $190 gets you

6. CarveMan

CarveMan Pool Room
    Ski Pass - Gold

At a meeting with the CEO he explained that they have rejigged the model so that all gate entry subsidises the taxi trips.

It was pointed out to him that this doesn't help day-only visitors and also Stirling visitors and he pretty unapologetically agreed and admitted that they would need more days to pay off their SP and it may make more sense to buy individual gate entry online.

7. skull

skull One of Us

ahh miss that.

Far out, you get ripped off there.

8. wolly

wolly One of Us

I think what you are trying to say is that the mansfield residents pass has been discontinued. Therefore they now have to pay full price. Car season passes were more thsn $250 last year.

9. benzerknees

benzerknees Hard Yards

Thank you for the correction . What I am trying to say is that the residents pass was $255 last year and not discontinued , as I bought one for $450 today. I put the listed price of $500 in the post as that is what can be searched as the current price.
    Anyone remember last years non resident price? $320 at most I think. Not exactly 100% increase , that is why I said "almost 100% " in the thread title. But with inflation at 2 or 3 % a year, I think I can a have whinge even with a little exaggeration.

10. djam

djam One of Us

What happened is they re-balanced the products, to make them fairer to all, and to help the costs of staying
    overnight. The overnight numbers have been falling for years, overnight visitors use less resources, parking
    attendants, free shuttles from the day parks and park lower down, which means taxi costs. This trend to day
    trippers has put a lot of strain on the roads/parking infrastructure. Both days last weekend the resort day car
    parking was full as of around 12:30. Saturday it was taking some 2.5 hours to get up the mountain. As Wolly
    indicated in a post on Saturday. 'Its a shit fight today' Bottom line, the resort is not collecting more money.

11. travelislife

travelislife One of Us
    Ski Pass - Gold

And it doesn't give you parking/access to any of the other resorts, you have to pay again!

12. Untele-whippet

Untele-whippet beard stroker
    Ski Pass - Gold

Wow, the Vic model is confuddling!
    NSW $190 entrance fee per year for any resort or National Park, then lift tix.
    For me $849 for 365 days access to ski / mtb Thredbo’s lifts, golf course, tennis courts, pool, gym and bob sled.
    Horses for courses, I’d love to ski Buller, Hotham and Falls but ...........
    Good luck.

prcoy likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy A Local
    Ski Pass - Gold

We have private enterprise running the resorts. It's clearly superior. If you were a diligent and informed consumer you'd commit the hours to discover and weigh the various offers.
    Falls Creek offers an early bird resort entry discount but doesn't tell you how much it is. You will of course be running a computer model to predict it.

14. SkiMun

SkiMun Part of the Furniture

$500? Geezus. I have been out of a loop a bit this year due to having a baby and just found out about this today. That's a massive increase. Wow. You really need do your math to make sure it makes sense. Even with my staff discount it would still probably be $499.

15. cornice11

cornice11 Early Days

me too, but i dont for the same reason.