1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Seeking family friendly lodge

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by dmz, Jan 14, 2008.

1. ausi ski bum

ausi ski bum A Local

Yes I have heard that from a number of people recently its mostly those that are learning you need to get in early for the busy periods or for a particular room or lodge.

I think the cooler summer has given people the idea that the ski season may be good, while there is no real Garantee of this.

Ted at MMS manages 10% of the mountains beds so he is a good indication of how things are going

2. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Well DMZ based on your experience I have booked early this year. Fortunately my sons' school holidays fall early and my daughter is able to get away from Uni. early as she has no examinations. All we need now is early snow and we are set!

3. Annalisse

Annalisse First Runs

well..ive worked at diana lodge and that seems pretty family friendly..the kids eat together around 5:30ish while the parents get to relax downstairs with the booze of their choice haha..then later on when the adults are eating, the kids are looked after by an employee and they watch a movie and muck around like kids do, while the adults get to enjoy dinner and chat to other guests upstairs. It's a pretty relxed environment and I'm sure your kids will make friends in no time (provided that there are actually other kids staying there too!)

when there's enough snow you can ski home to the door of the lodge - just watch out for oversnows!

not sure what the prices are but i'd recommend it if you're looking for a family friendly lodge. (and yes, the meals are three course for the adults, usually salad/soup, main and then dessert, but it's tasty!)

4. dmz

dmz More cheeeese Gromit Ski Pass: Gold

Thank you all for your help. Unfortunately bookings needed to be be made earlier than february this year for the school holidays. We cannot get on to falls creek at all. Will try another year....

5. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Bad luck DMZ. I suppose you could try for any cancellations nearer to the time, but if you have managed to book somewhere else that would not be an option. If you haven't give amy a call at Snowski and tell her to let you know if she gets any cancellations.

6. ausi ski bum

ausi ski bum A Local

I have said for some time that School Holiday periods need to be booked early, our building has 75% of the rooms booked before the end of the season for the following years holidays. Its one of the reasons holiday periods are now also peak season.

7. teles

teles First Runs

In case you're still looking, Cosela (www.cosela.com.au) is another self-catering club lodge at Falls. You don't have to be a member to book.

8. dmz

dmz More cheeeese Gromit Ski Pass: Gold

Thanks all. Ive had to give Falls a miss this year. Looks like we will have to start booking around Dec.....