Selwyn Reconstruction Progress Reports

rugbyskier

One of Us
Jul 7, 2008
Queanbeyan & Thredbo
I'm curious to see how the rebuild is going but the latest report on the Selwyn website is four months old and the webcams aren't back yet. Any updates from the Selwyn crew? Would be good to see some photos of how things are going. Hopefully everything is on track for the June 2022 reopening.

Reactions: Heath

Heath

First Runs
May 31, 2021
I haven’t seen any updates since June. If you follow their Facebook page they have some pics of the refurbished double chair.

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
Bit odd I agree - the whole no news situation. I've got no idea but I don't reckon it bodes well. You'd expect a bit of "rebuild publicity" up on the socials if genuine progress was being made - hey look at our shiny new building taking shape etc. The lack thereof I hope doesn't hint at problems. And covid has blown building costs through the roof lately. And neither 2020 or 2021 would have been fat profit years for the Blyton Group via Charlotte Pass.

• Sad
Reactions: Jonathan_P

BrindiCruiser

Addicted
Jul 24, 2016
Bit odd I agree - the whole no news situation. I've got no idea but I don't reckon it bodes well. You'd expect a bit of "rebuild publicity" up on the socials if genuine progress was being made - hey look at our shiny new building taking shape etc. The lack thereof I hope doesn't hint at problems. And covid has blown building costs through the roof lately. And neither 2020 or 2021 would have been fat profit years for the Blyton Group via Charlotte Pass.
I had hoped for some more information on pricing and season passes, back in Sept. Cause that is when I was making decisions on where to skil in 2022. I am 99% locked in to Perisher now (season passes order, accomodation being booked) cause there was no information available regarding Selwyn for 2022.

I also hope that the lack of news does not hint at problems.

Reactions: Jonathan_P
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass