Selwyn to open June 11, 2022

Jasper Schwarz

Young but not afraid
Ski Pass
Jun 18, 2017
Northern Beaches, Sydney,
Date set, June 11, 2022!!!
' ' ,
The Blyton Group has today announced the official re-opening date for Selwyn Snow Resort will be Saturday 11th June 2022.
'All New in 2022' will see the resort transformed for its grand re-opening, with the expected completion of the significantly expanded and integrated ‘Selwyn Centre’ that will house all guest facilities and services in the one building. The new Selwyn Centre will house an expanded Ski & Snowboard Hire, enhanced food and drink offerings and improved toilet amenities.
The 2022 snow season will also see the completed full upgrade of the New Chum Chairlift and the re-opening of 100% of the resort’s skiable terrain.
The relocation and expansion of the Snowsports Learning Area will also be complete, with the installation of two brand new dedicated snow carpets for guests to perfect their turns on.
The relocated and expanded Toboggan Park will also open in Winter 2022, offering the best tobogganing experience in New South Wales.
Selwyn’s snowmaking capability will significantly increase, with the installation of state-of-the-art snowmaking equipment provided by TechnoAlpin. Selwyn Snow Resort will be the first snow resort in the Southern Hemisphere to install the brand new TT10 snow machines.
Kevin James Blyton, Chairman of the Blyton Group said he is looking forward to the reopening of the resort for 2022. “With the long-term future of Selwyn secured and construction underway, we look forward to the community being able to experience the new and improved Selwyn in Winter 2022. We remain fully focused on the rebuild and are excited for the future of the resort.”
Reconstruction of the electrical supply to the resort is underway, with a full restoration of the network expected in early 2022. Resort infrastructure sourced from overseas including grooming & snowmaking equipment is still on-route and is expected to arrive in the coming weeks.
Work continues with the NSW Department of Planning, Industry & Environment to finalise the remaining planning approvals.
Public access to the resort is not currently possible while construction works are being undertaken.
Updates and progress photos of the resort rebuild will be available at selwynsnow.com.au

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW
When it first burned down, I expected they would take the insurance money & pour it into CP. I'll eat my hat. I was wrong.

Imo it's a very viable operation and will be even more so with improved building and the snow play activities. Snow is marginal but it only needs a little bit for the whole lot to be skiable and then have fan guns all over the hill.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

stridercdh

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2011
Canberra
I wonder if it would be possible (read accessible and allowed) to skin and ski the slopes of Selwyn during this season, natural snow permitting? I realise there's no officially open infrastructure but surely we can ski the hills under our own steam...

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Selwyn Snow Resort is in the process of rebuilding after the fire damage and is currently a construction site. For safety, public access to this area is strictly prohibited and all signage in this area must be followed

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
I wonder if it would be possible (read accessible and allowed) to skin and ski the slopes of Selwyn during this season, natural snow permitting? I realise there's no officially open infrastructure but surely we can ski the hills under our own steam...
I don't believe runs are fenced off, but Kings Cross Rd is closed IIRC. So long as you access via elsewhere and keep out of the way of any building works probably ok.

stridercdh

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2011
Canberra
If keen to skin & ski in the area around Kianda I would suggest Tantangara mountain. Tantangara is approx 150m higher than Selwyn and every metre counts in northern Kos.
Thanks for the tip. I'm just after gentler terrain that's outside a resort area and to practice turns etc. Any other areas in KNP that fit this? Suggestions greatly appreciated.

kiter

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2002
Newcastle
great news . now Kevin can you run a surface lift up Stillwell please at CP (wasnt that the plan when the lease was renewed ?) This would be wonderful and would open up access to the terrain on the south and east side of the ridge above CP (down through wrights creek .and you swing back into the resort on the road that gos past the treatment works and Pygmy possum lodge

Reactions: Sago and teleroo

Sean Sunley

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 1, 2017
Canberra
Thanks for the tip. I'm just after gentler terrain that's outside a resort area and to practice turns etc. Any other areas in KNP that fit this? Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Park at the Kianda toilet where there are lots of gentle slopes around between 1400-1500m. Wait for a dump of snow which will typically last a week or two.

IMG_20200824_122617.jpg

malas1

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 1, 2015
I did that about 10 days last season and had a great time,there was nothing happening construction wise and i climbed and dropped township and the parallel run for up to 8k a after work session. Very tame stuff but good to practice my version of tele.
If theres enough cover the power lines around 3mile dam have some little hills.
Skinning to tantangara is worth it, the hut still stands.
Theres several new buildings at selwyn itself so i doubt the place will be deserted like last year.
Tumut pond fire trail is another long hill thats like a mini groomed run.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

stridercdh

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2011
Canberra
[QUOTE
Park at the Kianda toilet where there are lots of gentle slopes around between 1400-1500m. Wait for a dump of snow which will typically last a week or two.

IMG_20200824_122617.jpg
Thank you both, great suggestions.
I did that about 10 days last season and had a great time,there was nothing happening construction wise and i climbed and dropped township and the parallel run for up to 8k a after work session. Very tame stuff but good to practice my version of tele.
If theres enough cover the power lines around 3mile dam have some little hills.
Skinning to tantangara is worth it, the hut still stands.
Theres several new buildings at selwyn itself so i doubt the place will be deserted like last year.
Tumut pond fire trail is another long hill thats like a mini groomed run.

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
Its your national park, you can go where you like.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
Hooray for Selwyn ,I have a soft spot for that little snowfield.:):):):):)

We all do! Have skied twice from over the. Border and loved the hill. Great when it’s a blizzard up high too!

FWIW: Charlotte, Selwyn and BBaw all offer special ‘small friendly’ experience the bigs can’t match.
Sadly Buffalo’s two lift areas used to fit this category too.
(Off topic: I’m still dark with our parks preventing the rejuvenation of the Mt.B)

Back on topic; I hope Selwyn has a cracking season. They deserve some success after 2020! :oops:

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014
We all do! Have skied twice from over the. Border and loved the hill. Great when it’s a blizzard up high too!

FWIW: Charlotte, Selwyn and BBaw all offer special ‘small friendly’ experience the bigs can’t match.
Sadly Buffalo’s two lift areas used to fit this category too.
(Off topic: I’m still dark with our parks preventing the rejuvenation of the Mt.B)

Back on topic; I hope Selwyn has a cracking season. They deserve some success after 2020! :oops:
Yes, all the best for 2022.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass