News Selwyn Wins!

Sean Sunley

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 1, 2017
Canberra
Selwyn Snow Resort is the first Australian Snow Resort offering skiing and boarding for 2019!

New Chum Chairlift is spinning, with FREE SKIING AND BOARDING on offer between now & Sunday 2nd June!

Discounted Ski, Board & Clothing Hire is available, with Snowgums Cafe open for Food & Drink.

The snow is A-MAY-ZING, so make sure you make the most of these early snowfalls!

skichic

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Selwyn Snow Resort is the first Australian Snow Resort offering skiing and boarding for 2019!

New Chum Chairlift is spinning, with FREE SKIING AND BOARDING on offer between now & Sunday 2nd June!

Discounted Ski, Board & Clothing Hire is available, with Snowgums Cafe open for Food & Drink.

The snow is A-MAY-ZING, so make sure you make the most of these early snowfalls!
Ohhh I bet that’s caused some upset LOL

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
Oh gods, this is hilariously bad.

Going onto Google and searching for "Selwyn snow resort", "Selwyn snowfields" or simply "Selwyn snow" doesn't yield the actual resort website, at all. The closest result was https://www.selwynshop.com.au/, which appears to be rather out of date.

Wikipedia gave me a link to the actual resort site, which has the announcement - http://www.selwynsnow.com.au/. Nothing on Facebook yet. When I went to the trail map page to check out this new lift that's open, I went straight for the link to "Download full size" for the trail map - and got a 404 error.

I'd agree with Richard that the media side of Selwyn is lacklustre at best.

Reactions: Jacko4650

skichic

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003

Going onto Google and searching for "Selwyn snow resort", "Selwyn snowfields" or simply "Selwyn snow" doesn't yield the actual resort website, at all. The closest result was https://www.selwynshop.com.au/, which appears to be rather out of date.

Wikipedia gave me a link to the actual resort site, which has the announcement - http://www.selwynsnow.com.au/. Nothing on Facebook yet. When I went to the trail map page to check out this new lift that's open, I went straight for the link to "Download full size" for the trail map - and got a 404 error.

They make up for it on snow fm :confused:

Rivetto

One of Us
Jun 26, 2014
Canberra
Thats the way! dont bother with grooming and all that razzle, just open the chair lift already.
Good on ya Selwyn

Attachments

• selwyn-new-chum.jpg
    selwyn-new-chum.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 30

Undies

Superspreadin the lurve
Ski Pass
May 15, 2002
Top drawer
I remember in 1994 trying to get my stereo in Sydney to pick up Snow FM in Goulburn.

SDS was strong as a teenager....

Reactions: bywong_yuki

Marty McSly

Not a monster
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW

Say what?

Top of the results page for me o_O

With a link to the website.

Screenshot_20190530-103937.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Belly

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2003
South Coast NSW
Perisher takes at every opportunity, Selwyn gives. I know who will get my family beginner dollar. But Perisher won't care while they're raking in the season pass dollar.

Reactions: nfip and nezumi

skichic

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Honestly with all the snow report angst on Snow FM last year, this will be Kevin sticking it up Perisher. Don’t be fooled into thinking this is out of the goodness of their hearts.

Reactions: Ozgirl and nfip

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Kevin sticking it up Perisher

‘Kevin’ needs a media plan and a working website if he’s going to have any sway with efforts to stick it up Perisher.

@nezumi @Marty_McSly
I too get bad results for searching Selwyn. I monitor it. It’s haphazard whether or not the ‘knowledge card’ appears or not. Otherwise top result is the shop. Plus the Selwyn site is full of old copy and broken detail. Has had no love for years.

Marty McSly

Not a monster
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
‘knowledge card’
Thanks, I didn't know what it was called.

I don't regularly check the Selwyn site, but I have had a bit of interest this year after grabbing a couple of $39 lift tickets. I don't bookmark much, just use Google, and I don't recall having any trouble finding the site. Perhaps I've just been lucky.

As to the content, I haven't looked at much outside the trail map.

skichic

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
‘Kevin’ needs a media plan and a working website if he’s going to have any sway with efforts to stick it up Perisher.

@nezumi @Marty_McSly
I too get bad results for searching Selwyn. I monitor it. It’s haphazard whether or not the ‘knowledge card’ appears or not. Otherwise top result is the shop. Plus the Selwyn site is full of old copy and broken detail. Has had no love for years.
There’s a bit of history there, Kevin owns Snow FM, Charlotte Pass, Cooma airport and now Selwyn. There were some digs on snow fm last year when Perisher declined to advertise. I’d say this is personal.

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
There’s a bit of history there, Kevin owns Snow FM, Charlotte Pass, Cooma airport and now Selwyn. There were some digs on snow fm last year when Perisher declined to advertise. I’d say this is personal.

Ahhh. It’s that Kevin.

Nuff said. Any more on this from me will have to be via PM.

I guess we can expect.... no improvement.

Reactions: Chaeron and nezumi

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne

Well, that goes some way to explaining why both Charlotte Pass and Selwyn lift tickets are available on Groupon!

Reactions: skichic

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Well, that goes some way to explaining why both Charlotte Pass and Selwyn lift tickets are available on Groupon!

awww gawwd, Groupon. FFS.

Shit all over your Brand integrity and sell dollars for 70c. Most businesses figured out what a bad deal these over hyped schemes were by 2010.

Reactions: Chaeron

nfip

Cold 'n Rusty
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2006
Yuin Country
Well, good on him for having a stab.
Was it open tender?
don't think so.
was more aa case of the members / board decided not to re-new and walk away.
he said thx very much.
think he bought another smaller one there also , similar circumstances.
it's where you go for lunch now with your day ticket deal.
disclaimer. this advice to me from a member of another lodge so I'm not sure how many mouths etc it passed thru to get to him.
getting off topic here a little :)

Reactions: climberman

nfip

Cold 'n Rusty
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2006
Yuin Country
Have you heard about the parking dude at Guthega that's getting angrier by the year about all the BC folk parking there? - Shout outs if you're on this forum :)
I actually know him . LOL
He's from down this way.
So I call in up there for cuppa and a chat from time to time , usually when the weather is shit-full.
I've spoken to him about it and it's not the bc crew , just the punters in general, and lack of common sense shown in their parking etiquette , or rather lack of.
btw it's only 10 minute walk from the Nordic car-park back down the road (not the one on the bend bottom parachute).

Reactions: Belly
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass