1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Sending gear up the FC Express lifts

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by Moondog55, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Moondog55

Moondog55 One of Us

I have a few beginner snow campers coming up this year [ including a few Queenslanders who have never even seen snow] and consequently have a lot of extra gear I'm bringing up "Just in case"
    In previous years under a different ownership I have sent gear up to Cloud 9 from the bottom to save my back when dragging a heavily laden sled up that damned hill.
    I have sent several emails asking if things have changed in recent years and sent another this morning after being on hold for about 20 minutes to the lift company office.
    I have my seasons ticket of course; in previous years I used to sling the towies a $10- not e for the help in getting a swag on and off
    Is it going to be the same or similar this year?
    Still waiting on reply to the emails so I ask here as sometimes the office doesn't know much

2. Ubiquitous Steve

Ubiquitous Steve A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Moondog55 when you see the trail groomer have a word to him cos he may just be able to help you at some stage to drop something off at Pretty Valley if that's where you are off too....maybe invite him out for cup of tea or drink or two and magic may occur......

3. Moondog55

Moondog55 One of Us

Funny but last time he offered me a lift out [ last season] his groomer dropped a track

4. Ubiquitous Steve

Maybe get on to groomer direct if you can see when he is grooming which trails and arrange a delivery.....

5. Moondog55

Moondog55 One of Us

FCLCo just called me on my mobile and gave me the Go-Ahead OK
    That makes my first couple of days on the hill a lot easier

6. Hully

Hully One of Us

Can I suggest that talking about 'slinging operators $10' and getting lifts with groomers is not a wise thing to be talking about on a public forum like this? The probable outcome is people getting into trouble and the 'powers to be' in respective organisations putting a clear stop message out. Also, it might be something that they are happy to do for one or two people but if the word got our and everybody started asking for their snowcamping gear to be hauled to the top of the hill they may put a stop to the practise completely. I think that discretion is needed in these situations.

Charlie and Dos like this.
  7. Moondog55

Moondog55 One of Us

Never thought of it in those terms Hully, and as a service professional myself [Chef] I'm not adverse to tipping for exceptional service. I don't think that I've ever done it without asking in advance either [ that's the duffle bags - rucksacks I expect to go up with me/ even if I have to sit sideways on the chair] but I wouldn't expect groomers to give lifts under normal circumstances

8. Ubiquitous Steve

o_OYes Hully makes a good point about Politically Correctness.....