Storm SEQ/NE NSW Rain & Storms 23rd-31st October 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of Us
Jul 6, 2019
Salisbury / Brisbane Southside
I bailed and just got home, valued my car to much...lol...did cop some hail as I drove around back of Jimboomba trying to avoid the black core I saw on the radar, think car survived ok.

Beaudesert Rd Algester on drive home
FAFA0851-3B90-46AA-8027-14D696C98B8C.jpeg

Archerfield Aerodrome as I was nearly home

EB25E137-E958-4333-B929-3184844FEE05.jpeg

Kazza47

One of Us
Jul 28, 2019
We are so blessed here; this cell came hurtling towards us, and then

Screenshot_2020-10-31 Gympie 128km weather radar loop and lightning tracker.png

it split and went either side, lol.

Had enough spots to join together ; rain stopped then I would say 50 pieces of hail - no more, no less - all the size of a 10 cent piece fell and then it stopped - EVERYTHING stopped including the wind.

It's now eerily still (has been for 10 mins now) nothing looking like coming towards us;it's hot & humid.
The silence after a morning of winds is deafening.

I don't understand what has happened to the wind so suddenly.

:confused::confused::confused:

Falling_Droplet

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 7, 2019
Ferny Grove, QLD
fernygroveweather.com
Can see some towering development to my west and northwest while the severe cell passes slowly to my south.

The temperature is continuing to fall and is slightly warm. The dew point stopped rising and is falling slowly but remains moderately high. Relative humidity is continuing to rise, slightly above average. Light ENE to NE winds are starting to pick up as winds tend more from the W.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Kazza47

One of Us
Jul 28, 2019
Hardly any breeze here, could be the calm before the storm, something is trying to get going west of Proston.
Yeah they keep generating near Boondooma Dam but they keep sliding past left & right from us, lol.
I'm gonna go blow up the hills around there that keep steering them elsewhere one day.

One of Us
Jul 6, 2019
Salisbury / Brisbane Southside
One of the more dramatic collections of black cores I've seen on radar.

radar.PNG

Weak cell near Goomeri. Will see if stuff explodes west and NW of sunshine coast, to arrive at near peak danger period of mid-late afternoon.
that is what I looked at whilst out near Beaudesert and decided it was time to bail. I drove the back road from Beauy to Greenbank between those 2 black cores, copped some hail along the way as I drove in heavy rain but think the car is mostly ok (I’d be surprised not to find a few dints when I start looking properly).

Falling_Droplet

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 7, 2019
Ferny Grove, QLD
fernygroveweather.com
Thundering away with another cell to pass to the south, as well another cell near Wivenhoe that looks to pass to the south. Maybe the cells near Somerset Dam and Blackbutt can track this way as much of northern Brisbane is yet to see much activity.

The STW was updated to make the supercell that moved over Brisbane western and southern side as very dangerous.

G00n

Hard Yards
Sep 17, 2019
Two hail storms within an hour at Corinda. Maybe another on the way. Can't remember this happening in the last five years I've been here. Nothing more than marble size though. The second one was slightly larger and more dense but shorter in duration.

Edit - Make that three hailstorms in a day. This third one was pea sized.

Falling_Droplet

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 7, 2019
Ferny Grove, QLD
fernygroveweather.com
The temperature have cooled down to near average and quite overcast now with the surrounding thunderstorms. Following the passage of the severe thunderstorm to the south the dew point briefly fell sharply and then has stabilised and has eased to slightly above average. Relative humidity also fell a little with the passage of the storm to the south before starting to rise again while remaining slightly above average. Light WSW to SSW winds since the storm passed to the south.

Kazza47

One of Us
Jul 28, 2019
We'll cop it sooner or later.
Yeah well today has proven my theory I have used for years & somehow forgot today: stop looking at 10 different s'sets ups' and weather maps and walk outside & use ya bloody eyes.
I told my neighbour yesterday afternoon & again this morning That if something was going to happen here, it'd mostly likely peak between 4 & 6 pm today.

Then I started looking at maps & radars & analyses etc & second guessed myself. Even came close to saying the F word (the one with 2 x Z & like sherbet)
And now look outside; I reckon we'll get something decent in the next 2 hours, lol.

Screenshot_2020-10-31 Gympie 256km weather radar loop and lightning tracker.png

I should listen to myself more often, lol.

Might be coming? lol; how can it miss?
We shall soon know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass