Question Shiga Kogen buying

Sprooty

First Runs
Jan 18, 2015
Hi all,

I'm heading to Japan on the 26th straight to Shiga for some skiing. My partner and myself are looking to kit ourselves out with some new skis, but we are having a hard time working out if we will have any luck buying Skis in Shiga Kogen at a reasonable price? Or would we have more luck looking around Sydney?

We are staying in Prince hotels, it looks like there are a few shops around to rent, but we don't want to pay a premium to buy.

Any input appreciated.

Jamesc

One of Us
Oct 12, 2011
Sydney
no esp if you can find anything to buy up there, if you were doing a few days in tokyo first you might be able to pick up a bargain in kanda

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

BoofHead

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 8, 2007
Brisbane
Wasn't looking closely at jackets M as I've got a few. We were looking for pants though. Lots of good product but way out of my price range.

mauricem

Addicted
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2010
Sunshine Coast
Hi all,

I'm heading to Japan on the 26th straight to Shiga for some skiing. My partner and myself are looking to kit ourselves out with some new skis, but we are having a hard time working out if we will have any luck buying Skis in Shiga Kogen at a reasonable price? Or would we have more luck looking around Sydney?

We are staying in Prince hotels, it looks like there are a few shops around to rent, but we don't want to pay a premium to buy.

Any input appreciated.
There's a pretty big ski shop in the Prince at Shiga, didn't look closely at the range but doubt you'll find many bargains there,

Reactions: JoeKing

hatto

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2006
Been to kanda three times this week. There is so much stuff there and some is very cheap. Cant tell about skis cause I board but got my sons girl friend a gortex jacket in london for 6500 yen.
if you land early you can go there before you head out and still get to shiga at a respectable time.
there must be 30 -50 shops to go through
Amazing place and if you are not big brand orientated, there is so much.
Did notice alot of Jones hovercraft powderboards around alot of different shops if that is your fancy.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass