1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Resource Shipping Snow Gear back home.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mannix Freight, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Mannix Freight

Mannix Freight First Runs

If advertising is not allowed on this forum mods please delete.

Hi this is Jason @ Mannix Freight, a shipping company based out of Vancouver.

We are able to help anyone from anywhere in British Columbia looking to send home their belongings , such as skis, snowboards, bags, anything to Australia or New Zealand. We specialize in helping people send home their things after staying in Whistler helping over 100 people in a year. Not gonna sell you all this BS so below I have our rates listed.

+20kg from Vancouver Airport to Australian/New Zealand Airport $270 + 7.00/kg after 20kg up to 45kg.

+45kg from Vancouver Airport to Australian/New Zealand Airport $370 + 6.65/kg after 45kg up to 100kg.

+100kg from Vancouver Airport to Australian/New Zealand Airport $6.00/kg

Phone us at 604 275 8094 or check out www.mannixfreight.com for more information.

Jacko4650 likes this.
  2. Crystal

Crystal Sand skier extraordinaire Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Advertising is usually frowned upon although this is very relevant info to some questions at the moment. Think it can stand considering there seems to be a real lack of freight companies that can provide the services needed.

Kletterer likes this.
  3. Ret-ro

Ret-ro One of Us

So, based on that, buy extra bags and fly home with it?

4. luvthabumps

luvthabumps A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Back in MEL ( with annual trips to the 604 )
    not when you're relocating home from YVR - MEL after two years and you have 450kg of excess luggage. Mannix were great. Good discounts on big loads. Smooth process both in YVR and MEL.

Crystal and Ret-ro like this.
  5. Ret-ro

Ret-ro One of Us

Fair enough, but that's fairly different from buying 5 pairs of skis in Canada and sending back.

6. gareth_oau

gareth_oau Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

I just sussed out the Qantas website, and their airport charge is USD175 for each extra bag up to 23kg (for economy). Aparently you can take up to 5 extra bags.

You can also pre-parchase at cheaper prices

7. Mannix Freight

Where a lot of our skiing customers come from is that they want to travel after finishing their ski trip and have big bags they don't want to carry around with them. Lots of people who go to Whistler and are going on a trip somewhere else so they send the bags back home ahead of them or we will store them.

The other aspect is people have bags which weigh more than 23kg and the airlines won't accept them.

currawong and FNM like this.
  8. Mitchell Pearce

Mitchell Pearce One of Us

Thanks, I'll send through a quote to your email for one pair of skis shipped form SYD to Castle Mountain. Assuming you to ship to Castle Mountain?

9. Mannix Freight

We work with a lot of different trucking companies in BC and AB so we should be able to get you a rate up to Castle Mountain. I haven't ever requested rates from there but I imagine one of our carriers can do it. Send over the request and I'll start working on a rate for you.

10. blowfin

blowfin One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Cripes. I sent a single box home. Cost me about $50 with Canada post. :p

11. sly_karma

sly_karma Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

I thought I warned you about shopping at MEC???

12. luvthabumps

If I told you the stuff that Mrs LTB took across for two years "to make it feel like home" you'd never believe me..... :rolleyes:

Chalkie and sly_karma like this.
  13. Hoodie

Hoodie Hard Yards

I have a funny story about my shopping at MEC last Xmas. Arrived into YVR with my daughter (SWIMBO arrived on a later flight) and we jumped in our hire car and headed to MEC to pickup a few things. Got to the cash register to pay for our things and they wanted my member details (I was prepared to join on the spot), I tried my wife’s name knowing she was a member from a long time ago, + 22 years... gave her name and her old home address and low and behold they still had her in their database!

sly_karma likes this.
  14. sly_karma

Yep they do not forget. I get comments about my low member number when I shop there (joined in 1985).

15. luvthabumps

16. sly_karma

Thought I'd stumbled across Aladdin's cave the first time I walked into MEC. Selection was unbelievable and prices were crazy low compared to what we were used to In Oz at the time. Of course that was true of so many consumer items in those days. Fortress Australia had a wall of tariffs and price jacking around it that only the small trickle of international travelers could penetrate. At home you had no idea what things actually cost out there in the real world, and no internet for a quick price check. I remember buying Levi's and Reeboks for a third of the price they were in Australia. On subsequent trips I would have a list of sizes to buy for family and friends.

17. skinavy

skinavy One of Us

2 year posting to the UK = 90 Cubic Meters going over, got extended by a year, return removal = 102 cubic metres plus an extra human. Thank goodness work picked it. Excess luggage for the flight over was huge (not quite 450kg, but certainly up around the 300kg total) was flying QF business class for the 3 of us. The look on the QF check in staff when he said this is going to be really expensive and I responded with no problem, work is picking up the tab, was priceless. Bonus of doing a exchange posting with navy.

sly_karma and luvthabumps like this.