• No

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters

Doonks

Let's cook!
Ski Pass
Jul 17, 2000
Mulgrave, VICTORIA
Not particularly. It's just tat you have absolutely no idea. If you want respect you should act respectfully, not your usual sad abuse of power.

And coming next, a ban from the thread. Joke.
You have little to no respect for anyone, and have not had for many years. Your hypocrisy is text book. Your temerity is absolute.

No one has to thread ban you. You're already deep in the wilderness

Reactions: Telemark Phat

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Legs calls it how he sees it and has no filter. Even though we disagree heaps, I respect him for speaking his mind.

Often thought provoking and never a sheep.

Ultrasteez

A Local
Ski Pass
Jun 8, 2016
are you suggesting that people take responsibility for themselves? I wonder if this being a Chrome Ext creates a discriminatory situation with Edge & FireFox users.

https://www.connectsafely.org/you-are-responsible-for-what-you-post-share-or-maybe-even-like/

You are what you share

I’m quite certain that we will never put an end to inaccurate statements, but just because others are lying or simply incorrect doesn’t give the rest of us license to pass it on. If you’re sharing a lie, you’re lying, even if you don’t mean to lie or don’t know you’re lying. What you pass or endorse, by means of quoting, linking, sharing or liking, is now coming from you, even if you weren’t the one to originate it. Just as a journalist has a responsibility to vet what he or she says to make sure it’s true or at least attributable to a source, people in social media have a responsibility to at least make a reasonable effort to make sure that what they pass on is accurate, because others may believe it or may pass it on themselves and, if it’s not true, it reflects on your credibility because you said it. I’m reminded of what happened to my former CBS News colleague Dan Rather and his producer Mary Mapes who got into trouble for reporting on a story about President George W. Bush’s Air National Guard service based on memos that turned out to be fake. Neither Rather nor Mapes made up the story, but they did fail to authenticate the memos.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Ultrasteez

A Local
Ski Pass
Jun 8, 2016
So if I was to quote your post and say "What a lot of effing nonsense" I am endorsing it?

What a lot of effing nonsense

It refers more to social media platforms, which are inherantly different in some aspects to forums. Quoting probably not endorsement but liking?

Ultrasteez

A Local
Ski Pass
Jun 8, 2016
No wonder people get the shits. You make agreements and then no one enforces them.

Doonks

Let's cook!
Ski Pass
Jul 17, 2000
Mulgrave, VICTORIA
200.gif

Reactions: crackson and LMB

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
macdonaltown
I don't understand the issue with moron.

I thought it was just a generic word for stupid people, not a reference to a disability
some of the words used to insult people’s intelligence used to be used in a technical sense according to an assessment scale of that time - and not very scientific
I don’t remember which particular words other than ‘imbecile’
‘cretin’ was associated with a thyroid disorder which caused intellectual impairment

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
I don't understand the issue with moron.

I thought it was just a generic word for stupid people, not a reference to a disability
According to wiki. Make of it what you will:
"Moron" was coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard[4] from the Ancient Greek word μωρός (moros), which meant "dull"[5] and used to describe a person with a mental age in adulthood of between 7 and 10 on the Binet scale.[6] It was once applied to people with an IQ of 51–70, being superior in one degree to "imbecile" (IQ of 26–50) and superior in two degrees to "idiot" (IQ of 0–25). The word moron, along with others including, "idiotic", "imbecilic", "stupid", and "feeble-minded", was formerly considered a valid descriptor in the psychological community, but it is now deprecated in use by psychologists.[7]
In the obsolete medical classification (ICD-9, 1977), these people (morons and feeble-minded) were said to have "mild mental retardation", "mild mental subnormality" or "high-grade defect" with IQ 50–70.[8]

Reactions: cruisin along

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
According to wiki. Make of it what you will:
"Moron" was coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard[4] from the Ancient Greek word μωρός (moros), which meant "dull"[5] and used to describe a person with a mental age in adulthood of between 7 and 10 on the Binet scale.[6] It was once applied to people with an IQ of 51–70, being superior in one degree to "imbecile" (IQ of 26–50) and superior in two degrees to "idiot" (IQ of 0–25). The word moron, along with others including, "idiotic", "imbecilic", "stupid", and "feeble-minded", was formerly considered a valid descriptor in the psychological community, but it is now deprecated in use by psychologists.[7]
In the obsolete medical classification (ICD-9, 1977), these people (morons and feeble-minded) were said to have "mild mental retardation", "mild mental subnormality" or "high-grade defect" with IQ 50–70.[8]
Which makes it appear that it's much nicer to call someone a moron than an idiot.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass