Advice needed Showering in Perisher

Ryan Chan

First Runs
May 10, 2016
Hey guys:

I have decided to buy a seasonal pass to perisher, planning to crash in the station for a week, and go camping for the other week, I found laundry shops in Jindabyne, but I haven't solve the showering problem yet, do you guys know is there any public showers near perisher, or any alternative methods?

Cheers

Reactions: ladycamper

Ryan Chan

First Runs
May 10, 2016
Thanks Mogul for that information, but is there any alternate shower methods that we can shower covered near the camp site or the snowy mountains?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Ryan Chan

First Runs
May 10, 2016
@Legs Akimbo: yeah, ill take a look and see which place is cheaper, they both applies entry fee per day though
@snowduck: I have read that thread earlier this morning, but it does not really clarifies if perisher have a place to shower, plus it is kind of old (the thread), so I wasn't too sure if the information is reliable.

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
By Alpine Village do you mean the Adventist Alpine Village near Jindy Airport ? If so they have decent shower/ toilet facilities. Its my winter campsite of choice , powered site for only $15 per night so you can get quite comfortable even in a tent.

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
By Alpine Village do you mean the Adventist Alpine Village near Jindy Airport ? If so they have decent shower/ toilet facilities. Its my winter campsite of choice , powered site for only $15 per night so you can get quite comfortable even in a tent.
I have a friend camps there in winter. Takes an electric blanket to stay warm in the tent.

Reactions: CarveMan

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
Coastal suburban boonies.
I have read that thread earlier this morning, but it does not really clarifies if perisher have a place to shower, plus it is kind of old (the thread), so I wasn't too sure if the information is reliable.
The story so far:
  • Perisher does not have public showers
  • There are caravan parks in Jindabyne and Sawpit Creek that have showers
  • There are swimming pools at Thredbo and Jindabyne that have showers for a price
  • If your season pass includes the Tube only the Jindy pool and caravan parks are accessible without entering the park
  • If your season pass does not include the Tube you are going to have to get a park pass anyway, so all options are on the table.

Ryan Chan

First Runs
May 10, 2016
@Kelpieboy: Yeah, thats whet I am looking for by now, they said they have catering as well, but I am not sure how much it costs, they haven't replied me yet.

@skinavy: how does your friend get electric for his blanket in the tent though? does the Alpine Village provide tents with electricity inside for $15 a day? or do we have to bring our own tent? On the other hand, do we need to pay for entrance fee for Alpine Village except from the $15 per day?

@Legs Akimbo: Do you mean that we can access to Jindy pool and caravan parks with the skitube? are they close to perisher village?

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
My mate takes his tent (and electric blanket) and rents a powered site. Uses extension lead to plug in same as a caravan would.

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Ryan , the Alpine Village does cater a dinner but I dont know costs because I havent ever eaten there , I bring my own or go to the shops in Jindy.
You need to bring your own tent ( make sure its a decent one) but there are plenty of power outlets scattered around the campsite. Buy an outdoor extention lead , 15 -25 metres long should be plenty ( dont forget to buy a cover box for any joins if you have to join 2 leads together) and a powerboard if you have more than 1 electric item.
$15 per night is the only charge for the campsite itself.

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
@Kelpieboy: Yeah, thats whet I am looking for by now, they said they have catering as well, but I am not sure how much it costs, they haven't replied me yet.

@skinavy: how does your friend get electric for his blanket in the tent though? does the Alpine Village provide tents with electricity inside for $15 a day? or do we have to bring our own tent? On the other hand, do we need to pay for entrance fee for Alpine Village except from the $15 per day?

@Legs Akimbo: Do you mean that we can access to Jindy pool and caravan parks with the skitube? are they close to perisher village?
Have you got a car? If not, give up now. If not, accept that you will need to drive around a bit. Have you been in the aea before? Maybe a map would be useful

Kieran

A Local
Jan 1, 1970
Looking over your shoulder
original.jpg

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona

I think you may have not got the lay of the land yet.
I suggest a map.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Ryan Chan

First Runs
May 10, 2016
@skinavy @Kelpieboy : thank you guys for the advices!!! ill bring the extensions, I originally thought I have to charge my devices in Bullocks Flat since all I can find is laundry shops in Jindabyne, and I am actually planning to sleep in the car, thinking what I can do for showering.

@Legs Akimbo: Yeah, I do have a car, I have been renting motel room form The Station for the last few years, so I have experienced the one hour driving everyday before, thank yo so much for the map though, didn't thought Google map also shows the lifts:)

@dawooduck @Kieran: Wouldn't it smell after a week of not showering even though we wouldn't sweat a lot in the mountains? Still want to take a relaxing hot shower after skiing all day :)

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
if you are camping below the snowline there are showers in quite a few spots....ie two caravan parks in jindy.

Ryan Chan

First Runs
May 10, 2016
@iagreewithhim: I guess I will just go sparta and sleep in my car if I know there are places to shower on the mountains, saves a lot of driving time lol

@Donza: cool, I am now comparing the prices and see whether which of them are more comfy

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
One thing I can promise you. A shower will not mysteriously appear when you run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere. On your current planning form, running out of fuel in the middle of nowhere at some time in the season is an odds on proposition.

Ryan Chan

First Runs
May 10, 2016
@Legs Akimbo: Well, my current plan is still staying in the Alpine Village, I am just comparing with other places that provides shower that I can crash in with similar prices, I remember there are two gas station near Jindabyne city center.

Kieran

A Local
Jan 1, 1970
Looking over your shoulder
@dawooduck @Kieran: Wouldn't it smell after a week of not showering even though we wouldn't sweat a lot in the mountains? Still want to take a relaxing hot shower after skiing all day :)

Can pretty well guarantee that after a only a week in the mountains you won't be even close to the worst smelling person in the Jindabyne area.

If you really need a shower, go to the LJH, pull some random, then have a shower at their place.

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
Funny.
Fuel costs . Personally l would've bought a Thredbo pass slept in the overnight , showered in the pool , entertained myself in the bistro ... drive nowhere. Enjoyed the forum company of teles.
Hope it goes well @Ryan Chan :thumbs:
Have done that one weekend. Last year they had someone set themselves up with a van planning to do that for the season. They also had a few other issues and had run ins with a few staff that got close to being violent. Suffice to say their season pass got cancelled and they were 'strongly advised' to not come back.

kaegee

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2014
Freshwater
Have done that one weekend. Last year they had someone set themselves up with a van planning to do that for the season. They also had a few other issues and had run ins with a few staff that got close to being violent. Suffice to say their season pass got cancelled and they were 'strongly advised' to not come back.
Yeah season sure is pushing it.

climberman

CloudRide1000 Legend
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2000
the sunny illawarra
@telecrag and @tele-whippet can be angry young men sometimes!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass