Advice needed Showering in Perisher

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

ladycamper

One of Us
Jul 16, 2010
Australia
Hey guys:

I have decided to buy a seasonal pass to perisher, planning to crash in the station for a week, and go camping for the other week, I found laundry shops in Jindabyne, but I haven't solve the showering problem yet, do you guys know is there any public showers near perisher, or any alternative methods?

Cheers

Don't remember iirc but I use public showers in the new day shelter at the main steps at Falls Creek, another resort far away from Perisher. I use free camping areas, caravan parks cost a fortune for the service level on offer.

Marty McSly

Not a monster
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
OP is a troll or a moron.

download.jpg

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
caravan in snow at sawpit.jpg

Now, I would never advocate sneaking in to the shower block in the very early hours, like some uni students I know did around 1980 to 1982. :D ;)

*yeah, yeah, the showers may have a key now. *

Angus_McCrory

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2005
Lurking
caravan in snow at sawpit.jpg

Now, I would never advocate sneaking in to the shower block in the very early hours, like some uni students I know did around 1980 to 1982. :D ;)

*yeah, yeah, the showers may have a key now. *

Been there... done that....

Reactions: VSG

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
IMO - Kosi Park at Sawpit Creek sucks - no phone/internet reception - and basically 20kph back and forth from Jindy after dark with packs of roos around every corner. Fine for a couple of days without kids. Campaing under all those trees is pretty scary as well. Anyway that's my opinion on Kosi camping ground. Thredbo Diggings is probably a much better choice - excellent 3G reception - 5 mins to Ski Tube - and a fabuous river view at your door.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
T River is usually cold year round. Though last couple of years it hasn't been that cold in December. No hot/showers at Diggings. But easy enough to rig one up. A really beautiful spot. Plenty of room to set up camp. Only issue would be a 2WD if it snows.

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
T River is usually cold year round. Though last couple of years it hasn't been that cold in December. No hot/showers at Diggings. But easy enough to rig one up. A really beautiful spot. Plenty of room to set up camp. Only issue would be a 2WD if it snows.
If that happens, you need to put chains on to get from the campsite to the road. If it snowed a lot, add a shovel as well.

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
Coastal suburban boonies.
One summer I took a dip in a creek about 2 metres from the snowdrift that was its source. Them was the days, when there were drifts on the Main Range in January. Of course it was over 30 degrees when I got out, which makes a difference.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
One summer I took a dip in a creek about 2 metres from the snowdrift that was its source. Them was the days, when there were drifts on the Main Range in January. Of course it was over 30 degrees when I got out, which makes a difference.

There are often still drifts on the Main Range in January. IMO it's the summer rains that finally kill off the drifts. January 2016 was apx 3 times over average rainfall - what was there in Dec was completely gone in late Jan this year. At least it was green as, whereas in Apr it was brown and sad. Back in 2013 on the day it hit 48C across most of the SE Aust there were drifts left high up while we lolled about in a water hole in the high snowy river down from the crossing.

IMG_2116-800.jpg

That all said - the warmth in Thredbo River the past 2 summers - even in Dec - has been incredible. I've had old timers out fishing - tell me that you couldn't wade through it in Feb/Mar some years. But lately it's been warm as from early summer.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using