Silverstar 2017-2018

KneeDeep

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2004
Canberra
Damn, I will have to stop promoting Silverstar, talking to my favourite accomodation agent for next year " The Happy Booker"
She tells me bookings are very busy and nearly all gone already. Prices are up as well, simple supply and demand. Left it a bit late as I have been o/s for 10 weeks. Time for intensive negotiations.

Reactions: Crystal

KneeDeep

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2004
Canberra
IMG_0649.JPG
Earlier this year towing the granddaughters over to Putnam.

Reactions: skifree and MarkGC

Crystal

Sand skier extraordinaire
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Far far away Aussie expat
We almost ended up in SS back on Knoll for Jan 2018..... off to Sunpeaks instead to catch up with that ratbag group of Aussie expats. Kids not happy although I am sure they will change their tune when they have a few kids to ski with :) master will miss Paradise camp :(

Reactions: KneeDeep

KneeDeep

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2004
Canberra
Looks like Aidan is coming, got a good conduct pass from wife, or she is glad to get rid of him!
Locked in accommodation from mid January to end of March. Now check to see if son etc are coming.
About to lock in airfares so all going well.

SnowflakesRule

Hard Yards
May 1, 2017
Wow! That's a nice long stay. Hoping one day we'll be able to do a season but I think that'll have to wait for retirement - or a lotto win! We're locked in from 15 Dec to 14 Jan. Looking forward to checking out somewhere new. Good luck with the airfares.

SnowflakesRule

Hard Yards
May 1, 2017
@Crystal I think I'm pretty safe regarding being led into the trees! I'm not an overly adventurous one. I just love being out there even if I'm not really all that good. Thanks for the warning though. I'll be very careful if we come across them.

Kids are so looking forward to going back to the snow. Perhaps not as much as me but since they've been randomly bringing up the I want to go back to the snow/Canada comments without any prompting whatsoever from me, they're not far off! It's going to be so fun to see how they improve over the month. Especially the almost 6 year old! I'm sure there's going to be some awesome improvement with him from last time when he was just over 4.

SnowflakesRule

Hard Yards
May 1, 2017
:emoji_astonished: Wow, and I thought my bruises from my attempts to learn to snowboard were bad! Will definitely take notice of the signs and try to avoid stationary objects. Hope the bruises didn't detract too much from your holiday.

KneeDeep

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2004
Canberra
You will have to lend me some touring skis etc Sly, or tow me up on a skidoo.
I have enough trouble getting away to go skiing in the season, any more and I would end up divorced.
Although that would solve the problem!

sly_karma

Green Bastard
Ski Pass
Dec 12, 2005
Penticton, BC
That will be busy all summer. Taking a leaf from Whistler's book, money to be made from foot traffic. Almost none would be willing to hike down to the comet and especially not back up. Gondola-ising the summit chair makes sense.

KneeDeep

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2004
Canberra
Son and kids now not coming, hit with some home maintenance expenses.
I now have a bedroom and bathroom available at Creekside Silverstar, ski in out.
Available from 21st January to 13th February 2018.
Nice unit, only have to share with old codger (me)
Pm me if anyone is interested.

Charles

Addicted
Ski Pass
Aug 12, 2006
Adelaide
February 2018, looking to break up my Japanese fixation with a first time ski trip to Silverstar.

Funny, Canada and New Zealand are two locations I have kept away from for no apparent reason, just never got around to it. 2018 this changes.

Crystal

Sand skier extraordinaire
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Far far away Aussie expat
You'll love it Charles, definitely a real change from Japan....it's not the powder experience Japan is but the terrain...OMG the Terrain. Vastly different to Japan.

SnowflakesRule

Hard Yards
May 1, 2017
@Crystal Yes, definitely private hot tub! Now if I can just find a place with one at an excellent price again! This trip coming and last had excellent prices (location last time was perfect - Eagles at Big White) but only shared hot tub/pool. At the moment it's coming down to finances but one day we'll have it all, location, private hot tub and separate rooms for us all! Kids have to share this time but they'll have to suck it up (like us with no private hot tub). That's the price they are going to have to pay for a White Christmas!

Reactions: Charles

sly_karma

Green Bastard
Ski Pass
Dec 12, 2005
Penticton, BC
Everyone here would be happy if it snowed tomorrow. Or a few days of rain. Something to put out the bushfires.

Charles

Addicted
Ski Pass
Aug 12, 2006
Adelaide
Trying to work out how would I get to Vancouver from Sydney. In Adelaide so I guess a flight to Sydney then direct. Via another airline would be the US which could be a nightmare. Would you need one of those US entry papers just to boarder hop?
Ah gawl... LAX gives me nightmares.

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
Trying to work out how would I get to Vancouver from Sydney
Air Canada also do direct flights to Vancouver from Melbourne and Brisbane. Last time I looked the flights out of Melbourne were a couple of hundred cheaper than the Brisbane ones. How are the connections with Adelaide?

Is Adelaide/NZ/Vancouver an option for you?

KneeDeep

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2004
Canberra
Trying to work out how would I get to Vancouver from Sydney. In Adelaide so I guess a flight to Sydney then direct. Via another airline would be the US which could be a nightmare. Would you need one of those US entry papers just to boarder hop?
Ah gawl... LAX gives me nightmares.
What Marty said, Lax has improved but they don't believe in transit passengers, still have to collect bags and go through customs, ESTA etc. pitb.

SnowflakesRule

Hard Yards
May 1, 2017
Don't forget the Silver Star Early Bird season pass sale ends tomorrow!

Just sorted out ours plus a bundle of early bird lessons. Chunk of funds, but given the weather here in QLD at the moment, we'll probably save most of it from the electricity we won't need to use by escaping for a month of the dreaded summer heat!

SnowflakesRule

Hard Yards
May 1, 2017
:ski:50 days to go, last major bill paid. Now to get the skis waxed & ready to go and the finer details left to plan. Oh and yes, let it snow!!! Lots... please.

sly_karma

Green Bastard
Ski Pass
Dec 12, 2005
Penticton, BC
Much cooler than this time last year. Several early season falls already, some of it will stay around and become base.

CJP

Hard Yards
Jun 20, 2014
Hi all,
Any recommendations for a place to go out for dinner with the wife and kids on New Years Eve in SS village. Wife was looking at “The Den” ??. Thoughts and any information would be great.

KneeDeep

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2004
Canberra
Hi all,
Any recommendations for a place to go out for dinner with the wife and kids on New Years Eve in SS village. Wife was looking at “The Den” ??. Thoughts and any information would be great.
Yes Den or Silver Grill, better reserve now. You can do that online through the Silverstar website.

Reactions: CJP
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass