1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Silverstar 2019/2020

Discussion in 'Canada' started by KneeDeep, Apr 27, 2019.

1. KneeDeep

KneeDeep One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

That's a bit drastic, another worth a try is under Long Johns, can't remember the name.

2. Ret-ro

Ret-ro One of Us

Penelope,

We are in Silver star at Chrissy for a couple of days. Just interested in the cost of the Sun Peaks season as we have a week there as well., just before. Is Silver Creek Lodge , Silver Creek Hotel.

?? The area at base of Silver Queen Chair has accom available. Once you get to top of Silver Queen yoi can ski around to comet six. How do you get back, via the village.
    Am I correct that the accom at the base of Silver queen is easily accessible?

3. Lady Penelope

Lady Penelope One of some lot ... Ski Pass: Gold

Hi @Ret-ro . I actually have no idea how accessible the base of Silver Queen is as I haven’t been to Silver Star before, so @KneeDeep , @Crystal , and @sly_karma may be better able to answer your questions. I have bought season passes for Sun Peaks as we are there for 15 days; this gives us 2 days of free skiing each at Silver Star. I believe there is a reciprocal arrangement for Silver Star season Pass holders too. You then get 25% off subsequent days. Silver Creek Lodge seemed reasonably priced (I booked through Travelplan). I will look up the cost of Sun Peaks season passes in Aussie dollars (which includes tax) and get back to you.

Ret-ro likes this.
  4. sly_karma

sly_karma Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Silver Woods chair accesses all accom on the Knoll. Also a beginner quad on the Knoll.

Ret-ro likes this.
  5. KneeDeep

Easy to get back to Creekside area via Attridge. In the morning access Silver Queen chair (opens earlier) head to Silverwoods for a few quiet runs then over to the Comet.

6. Lady Penelope

Lady Penelope One of some lot ... Ski Pass: Gold

Ok, looked up the price I paid for Sun Peaks season passes (early bird, ie before 30 June), if that’s what you were asking? $AUD1136.66 through Travelplan including tax. Available on-line through Sun Peaks Resort for $CAD1132.95 incl $53.95 tax until October. Go to the Silver Star website and plug in details for season passes to see what the cost is there. Again - reciprocal arrangements whereby season pass at one resort entitles you to two free days skiing at the other. You probably need to ski for longer than a week though to get your money’s worth from a season pass.

Ret-ro likes this.
  7. gareth_oau

gareth_oau Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

The season pass is the best deal before end June when its $900ish plus taxes.

You also get a free group lesson and 25% discounts at a few different stores.

You need to ski every day for 2 weeks to make it worthwhile but if you add in the silverstar days that increases the value

The oa

8. KneeDeep

I buy my season pass next month, deal finishes 29th September. $589 plus 5% gst. There are some advantages for being a senior citizen. Includes skating, tube park, cross-country trails, etc.

Lady Penelope likes this.
  9. EquatorBunny

EquatorBunny Addicted

We are looking at doing both downhill and cross country. Is the My1Pass worth getting? Also, since the nordic area connects to Sovereign Lake, is that included?
    Thanks!

10. KneeDeep

Sovereign lake is extra, can be purchased as an add on when buying pass, I think? All pricing for next season not available yet. Season pass bought on early bird has a break even at 8 days. Check the benefits that are offered on SS website.

EquatorBunny likes this.
  11. Ret-ro

Ret-ro One of Us

Nah too expensive for our purposes..

12. zac150

zac150 One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

I would say silver star is the cheaper of sunpeaks and silver star, accommodation and lift tickets were both cheaper for us by about 30%.

KneeDeep likes this.
  13. Crystal

Crystal Sand skier extraordinaire Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

yup....when we have priced out staying for a couple of weeks...silverstar always came out cheaper.

14. GlendaN

GlendaN Hard Yards

I can recommend the supermarket in the Village Green complex in Vernon we shopped there last season and the fresh vegetables and meat were great. There's also a small store next to Long John's in the resort for any last minute things. Try and catch an ice hockey game if one is scheduled when you are there heaps of fun.

Lady Penelope likes this.
  15. KneeDeep

SS has now added Apex to their reciprocal pass list. Two free days for season pass holder of either resort. Sly can come for a visit for free.

Crystal likes this.
  16. sly_karma

sly_karma Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Yep I just saw that notification last week. Also means you guys can come visit me as well...

17. Crystal

Crystal Sand skier extraordinaire Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Yes perfect..... We'll see you all over at Apex.