1. Coronavirus #StayHome

Official Advice

- People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others and gatherings are limited to two people unless you are with your family or household.
    - If you believe you may have contracted the virus, call your doctor (don’t visit) or contact the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
    - If you are struggling to breathe or experiencing a medical emergency, call 000.

Information Resources Mental Health Note: This announcement may be closed & This announcement will be reset every few days.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

singles accomodation

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by weerab, Jun 29, 2012.

1. weerab

weerab One of Us

Wife and son do not want to ski so I am on my own again this year. I had a great week at Feathertop lodge last year, room very basic but adequate, breakfast and restaurant/bar really good. Just noticed that Karelia is offering a single for $220 including brekkie and dinner which sounds OK depending on what the dinner is. Is it typical Austrian with dumpling, dumpling and dumpling? I am trending towards Feathertop again, nice atmosphere, great staff etc. Alternative is Mt Beauty motel but it's not really the same is it?

2. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

3. timonearth

timonearth Hard Yards

I just spent 4 days at Feathertop and yeah somewhat basic rooms, but John and staff are really nice and I avoid being charged a single supplement. I'll probably go back again this year for another stay.

Id be interested however in hearing of any alternatives too Currawong. [​IMG]

#3 timonearth, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
  4. weerab

weerab One of Us

Yeah, Bobly, I think John is only one of a very few who don't charge a supp. Were you XCing? What was the snow like?

5. chriscross

chriscross One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Is Viking still an alternative? It was in the past.

6. weerab

weerab One of Us

I think the last time I looked at Viking it was too exy, but I have a very tight budget.

7. timonearth

timonearth Hard Yards

Snow was okay...hard in the morning, softer for few hours and hard in the late arvo. They opened Scots and Ruined, so there was enough open to have some fun. Wednesday I had some fun heading down South Face on my own... very quiet!

My waybacks just arrived this week and I still have to mount my dynafit bindings so only alpine while I was there.

I think with the snow they will get this weekend the mountain should be in great nick next week. But from what I've heard they are expecting well over 90% occupancy so it's going to be busy.

[​IMG]

#7 timonearth, Jun 29, 2012
  8. weerab

weerab One of Us

Yeah, VIC and NSW schools have the next two weeks off, luckily my holidays start when these little buggers go back to school!

9. timonearth

timonearth Hard Yards

Yeah I'll wait now until mid July before I go back to the mountains. [​IMG]

#9 timonearth, Jun 29, 2012
  10. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Sorry bobbly, I tried to add you to the pm but couldn't see how to. Not that much to say anyway