Ski and Snowboard simulator coming to Perth, WA

Perth_Ski_nBoard

First Runs
Feb 21, 2013
Hi guys,

Just to be clear - we are looking for feedback and not selling anything!

We at Perth Ski and Snowboard are hoping to bring an interactive ski and snowboard simulator to a central location in Perth, WA.

Check out our launch website and video:
http://perthskiandboard.com.au/

We would love to get some feedback from any local skiers or boarders. We have a short (less than 1 minute) survey you can access here:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BCDPHRQ

If you know anyone in the Perth area who would be interested - please let them know about our site.

-Perth Ski and Snowboard

Perth_Ski_nBoard

First Runs
Feb 21, 2013
Hi Gareth,

Thanks for letting us know - the problem should be fixed now!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BCDPHRQ

-Perth Ski and Board

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
Topic for discussion at the next WASTED season opening party. Special guest invite for PP.

Perth_Ski_nBoard

First Runs
Feb 21, 2013
Certainly would be interested to go, but which season is it the North or South one?

Jakes - we have thought about using a spray fan like you say to add to the realism!

-Perth Ski and Board

SuskiQ

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 16, 1999
Mostly Australia
It will be Sat 8th June - Oz Season opener
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

kiwiski

Hard Yards
Feb 9, 2001
New Zealand
It looks like an interesting piece of gym equipment, but it is basically just a more advanced version of this:

ski%20simulator%20doppel%202-650x650.jpg

In terms of learning real skills I thought you were talking about one of these machines:

Last edited by a moderator:

Perth_Ski_nBoard

First Runs
Feb 21, 2013
Hi,

Kiwiski, the main difference between the arcade game style ones and the SkyTec simulator is that the skis or board are mounted on rails with sensors to provide feedback. The original idea behind the design of the simulator was to allow slalom athletes to train off the snow, so the technique is the same. Having played on one of the arcade games I can say its far from this kind of experience!

To give you an idea some of the larger units use motors of up to 7.5kW in the control system, and the rails are 7m wide.

The Maxxtracks type units are of interest, but from an experienced skier or boarders perspective the Skytec would be a lot more exciting. We have looked into the rolling carpet style of systems and will definitely think about it in the future to complement the simulator.

Thanks
-Perth Ski and Board

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
The Skytec VR model looks awesome. 10 mins of SG and you would be wrecked in a most wonderful way.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Gragory1

First Runs
Dec 7, 2015
Perthskiandboard looks good but as I think it is not enough... just side moves...Yes it is interesting to see the picture as on the resort but it gives you not enough loading on your muscles!
The maxxtracks guys are not talkative about the information.....
The main idea is to train slalom.....? I have asked have made request to Proleski.com they told me that they can make the speed up to 40 or higher.
As I saw in the pricelist, they have an Option 8DVision, it is like the big screen, and a lot of sensors which scaning your body position.....
Looks like the same or even better.

Jonathan89

First Runs
Dec 7, 2015
I tried proleski once... They have this dinamic or whatever machine that changed its vertical and horizontal position... Looked scary but I saw kids skiing on this machine... Had a good experience with this one...:thumbs:;)

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass