1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Ski Boot Liners

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by wat17, Jan 16, 2020.

1. wat17

wat17 Hard Yards

I live regionally and need some new liners asap. Any liners worth ordering that you can install yourself?

Not the best solution but I am push on time.

2. CarveMan

CarveMan Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Yeah Sidas and Intuition make them, ideally you would get them professionally heat moulded but there are DIY guides on the net. Zipfit needs to be done professionally.

Chaeron and LaNeige like this.
  3. Any

Any One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

i do like Intuition liners. i molded them myself with a sock filled with rice and a microwave, plus many days watching tv wearing them in. tho the 1 pair that i have owned weren't very durable and only lasted ~200 days.

did your liners perish in the heat or something? otherwise; please allow me to jump to conclusions ;P

so far, except for intuition, every time my liners have reached the end of their life, there have been at least three or four things broken or wrong or i was at the end of the life with my boots themselves anyway.
    the exception, my intuition liners, wore out when my boots still had ~100 days left. but i replaced boots anyway cause i didnt want to be stuck in limbo.
    to me its a false economy to replace liners, then have to replace boots anyway.

i also dont get those people getting around with 15 year old boots with worn out and cracking plastic, zero stiffness left in the shell and broken buckles that have been replaced 6 times each. even left unused in apparent pristine condition, the plastic has a limited lifespan.
    reminds me of my granddad who had his trusty 40 year old hammer. only replaced the handle 12 times and the head 14 times.