1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Ski Club of GB to end ski leading service

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Shoey, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Shoey

Shoey Hard Yards

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/news/ski-club-of-gb-ends-ski-resort-leading-service/

Quite sad. Mrs and I have been members and have definitely taken advantage of joining a ski leader group. Free, properly organized and social beers afterwards. The French banned it as they considered it instruction (which it isn't) and with French resorts being quite dominant in the Alps I guess it just wasn't viable to continue on the other countries alone.

2. Legs Akimbo

Legs Akimbo Grumblebum Ski Pass: Gold

I know a guide who has led in Jackson Hole for years. I have always teased her about the onerous job scam she has run to get weeks of free skiing every year. She will be pissed.

3. LDJ

LDJ Addicted Ski Pass: Silver

My dad hasn’t done it for ages as mum wasn’t best pleased him doing it while she was pregnant but he loved doing it for the reasons above and did it for a number of years and still has his ski Club backpack from 30 odd years ago