ski.com.au Meet Up Points [All Resorts]

Slushii

Mostly missing in action...
Apr 18, 2000
nowhere in particular...
Planks & Sticks said:
Mod's Note: With Planks & Sticks' permission, I am starting this thread to decide and advertise <span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style='font-family: Fixedsys'>ski.com.au</span></span> Meet-Up Points, for all Resorts. This post will be updated frequently as new meet-up points are agreed on, and existing ones updated.

Everyday, there would be a pickup point for you to meet new people and get to know the people on <span style='font-family: Fixedsys'>ski.com.au</span>, at all Resorts.

If you wait and no-one comes within 10 minutes, just enjoy the day and try again tomorrow! But hopefully people would make use of this type of arrangement! Anyone who would make use of this - No pre-planning is needed to make an arrangement, all you have to do is rock up 5 minutes before the appointed time and hope someone is going to be there waiting for someone to ski/board with. If no one is there, wait until 5 minutes after the appointed time, and then you can safely assume that no one is coming today.

Note: Don't expect people to come everyday, some days might be quiet. Also, please click on the URLs for the most up-to-date info - this thread is only a portal and may not be as updated as we'd all like. It is expected that the resort-specific threads will have the latest info.

This Arrangement Talk Snow Thread will contain links to the <span style='font-family: Fixedsys'>ski.com.au</span> Meet-Up-Point thread within each specific resort sub-forum. There you will find updated details on when and where to be to meet up with Mooshers/Sno-Infoers.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'><a href="https://www.ski.com.au/xf/posts/207942#UNREAD" target="_blank">Mt. Buller <span style='font-size: 20pt'> <span style='font-family: Fixedsys'>ski.com.au</span> Meet-Up-Point</a> </span>
Location: Kofflers Restaurant Deck, under the Snow-Cam.(for a morning tea, arrive 10 minutes earlier)
Time: 10.25-10.35am (be there at 10.30am sharp so we can maximise the on the slope hours!)
Day: Everyday</span>
<span style='font-size: 14pt'><a href="https://www.ski.com.au/xf/posts/199669#UNREAD" target="_blank">Mt. Hotham <span style='font-size: 20pt'> <span style='font-family: Fixedsys'>ski.com.au</span> Meet-Up-Point</a> </span>
Location: right outside the Hotham Central entrance nearest the Hotham Ski School
Time: 10:30am and 2:00pm sharp so we can maximise the on the slope hours!)
Day: Everyday</span> - In good weather, meet outside Hotham Central entrance nearest the Hotham Ski School; in poor weather, meet just inside that entrance (near the ski school office).
<span style='font-size: 14pt'><a href="https://www.ski.com.au/xf/posts/200119#UNREAD" target="_blank"> Falls Creek <span style='font-size: 20pt'> <span style='font-family: Fixedsys'>ski.com.au</span> Meet-Up-Point</a> </span>
Location: Lorna Dunkley shelter: It's the weird multi-sided building near the top of Eagle and Scott chairs.
Time: 10:30am sharp (suggestion only, can be changed)
Day: Everyday</span> - In good weather, meet meet outside near the entrance to the shelter; in poor weather, meet inside.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <a href="https://www.ski.com.au/xf/posts/210184&page=1#Post210184" target="_blank">Perisher Blue <span style='font-size: 20pt'> <span style='font-family: Fixedsys'>ski.com.au</span> Meet-Up-Point</a> </span>
Location: Midstation, when u get off the quad to ur right there will be a patrol hut. Stand next to it with ur poles crossed.
Time: 9.50 - 10am sharp
Day: Everyday</span> - if no one is there by 10.05am, try again the next day. Hope u all have a good slide.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'> Thredbo <span style='font-size: 20pt'> <span style='font-family: Fixedsys'>ski.com.au</span> Meet-Up-Point </span>
Time:10:30am sharp (suggestion only, can be changed)
Day: Everyday
- In good weather, meet outside somewhere; in poor weather, meet inside somewhere.
For more information visit: here

Last edited by a moderator:

telemark fred

One of Us
May 20, 2002
Newcastle East
Re: Moosh Meet Up Points [All Resorts]

Do we make suggestions for other resorts here?

I would suggest for Perisher the deck of the mid-station say just to the right of the stairs - that point allows you to ski off to lots of terrain (Mt P all the way across to Interceptor) without queueing. Is the cheap hot chocolate deal on at midstation again this season?

Slushii

Apr 18, 2000
nowhere in particular...

Hi telemark fred,

You can make suggestions here if there isn't one in the resort sub-forum - perhaps ask your mod to create one, then discuss it there.

But for now, you can kick off suggestions for Perisher here.

beer.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

sleddog

First Runs
May 8, 2002
Bellambi

Snow Gun said:
Ummmm, how do we recognise other Mooshers?

I was wondering the same thing ,I would like to meet up for a ski/ride some time.

What about a universal "moosh code" one glove on the ski tip.

Boarder ,ummmmm ,not sure.LOL.

Snow Addict

Part of the Furniture
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere

sleddog said:
Snow Gun said:

I was wondering the same thing ,I would like to meet up for a ski/ride some time.

What about a universal "moosh code" one glove on the ski tip.

Boarder ,ummmmm ,not sure.LOL.

bahahaha a 'moosh code' - may I suggest you all mime typing furiously on a keyboard with your gloved/mitted hands
tongue.gif

kimberlee81

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 8, 2004
Victoria
Visit site

Re a "universal Moosh code" - EASY!

All you need to do is call out, "Mooosh!" Or, "Any Mooshers here?"

Think about it... if there's no Mooshers, you're just calling out for your friend. If there ARE Mooshers around, well, you just found people to ski with!

My work here is done...

kimberlee81

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 8, 2004
Victoria
Visit site

D'eye said:
you might want to change that back to "Ski.com.au" "any SI'ers here" ? )
C'mon, live on the edge - drag yourself into the new century. While the old master may have said, "The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient," times have changed, and these days even the oxen have mobile phones and are hip to all the new talk!

whiteroom7

First Runs
Jun 6, 2002
sydney

Yeah go ski.com.au.
Ive still got my ski.com.au cap and bucket hat, whats wrong with them for ID.

sleddog

First Runs
May 8, 2002
Bellambi

kimberlee81 said:
Re a "universal Moosh code" - EASY!

All you need to do is call out, "Mooosh!" Or, "Any Mooshers here?"

Think about it... if there's no Mooshers, you're just calling out for your friend. If there ARE Mooshers around, well, you just found people to ski with!

My work here is done...

laugh.gif
... I don't know about any others here ,but if I was standing around and some one come up to me and said.

Are you a moosh, I'd clock them.
Go down the super market and stand there calling moosh or are there any mooshers around ,and see the wierd looks you would get.

LOL.

tickers75

First Runs
Jun 2, 2007
Melbourne

wow look how hard it is to just arrange a spot to meet and find out if someone is there for the same reason...season will be over by the time this takes hold....imagine how hard it is going to be to then agree on where to ride/ski!
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

Toddo

One of Us
Jun 28, 2002

at tetongravity they ask if anyone has "change for a nickel". just a simple yet unique question.

LiL_Gnome

First Runs
Oct 8, 2006
Sydney
Visit site

Perisher should meet at smiggins and then ski out of smigs usewr the link because smiggs is very quiet and would b easier to find ppl you could just go over into a corner of the thing and then ski down and across to the link-T and then u end up at PB.
???ARE YOU ALL STILL WITH ME???

Undies

Superspreadin the lurve
Ski Pass
May 15, 2002
Top drawer

All meeting points should be in front of the cams, and before leaving everyone has to wave or do something of note for the poor forum members not able to be with them.

Smigs cam would suggest the 3 flagpoles.
Thredbo would seem the basin snow fence would be a good(if exposed) spot.

Hmmm......

Slushii

Apr 18, 2000
nowhere in particular...

tickers75 said:
wow look how hard it is to just arrange a spot to meet and find out if someone is there for the same reason...season will be over by the time this takes hold....imagine how hard it is going to be to then agree on where to ride/ski!
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
at some point someone is going to make an executive decision. Until then, let's keep the discussion/debate going.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

ThisIsDavin

One of Us
Sep 9, 2003
Pakenham

Undies said:
All meeting points should be in front of the cams, and before leaving everyone has to wave or do something of note for the poor forum members not able to be with them.

Would've been nice to have the meet time on the hour too, so we appear in the cam history so you can see who was waiting! hehe

too late for this now though, the time has pretty much been propagated!

Hobber

A Local
May 22, 2002
Sydney

Perisher Blue:
Agree with TF re the midstation on the Freelander chair... Good spot to go to MP, traverse to BlueCow / Guthega available - boarders can shoot back to the 'tube and meet at an agreed seondary lift when they finally get there
smile.gif

Smigs... nah...

Thredbo:
Thats a hard one as there are two bases and two 'peaks'... and traverses are more complicated...

Mozz

A Local
May 20, 2003
Berridale

I got Mozz on the back of my skid lid does that count?

I probably stick out too as I think I'm probably the only board rider using Hardies too

Hobber

A Local
May 22, 2002
Sydney

Mozz said:
I got Mozz on the back of my skid lid does that count?

I'll keep an eye out for that
beer.gif

Slushii

Apr 18, 2000
nowhere in particular...

Snow Gun said:
Just be brave, walk up to people and ask them if they are from Sno-Info or Moosh. How hard can that be?
smile.gif

LiL_Gnome

First Runs
Oct 8, 2006
Sydney
Visit site

ok i am making that final desicion some one talked about earlier pb mid station before 10 o clock because there is cheap hot chocolates and to no who is a moosher and who isnt we wait out side in a corner that is out of the way and everyone can still see and we make a seat of skis (you put the backs of your skiis in the ground parrell and facing to the sky and u put your poles across it and you sit on your poles IT WONT BRAKE I SWEAR or even if u dont trust me just stand nxt to it

steve8113

First Runs
Jul 5, 2006
Gold Coast

LiL_Gnome said:
ok i am making that final desicion some one talked about earlier pb mid station before 10 o clock because there is cheap hot chocolates and to no who is a moosher and who isnt we wait out side in a corner that is out of the way and everyone can still see and we make a seat of skis (you put the backs of your skis in the ground parrell and facing to the sky and u put your poles across it and you sit on your poles IT WONT BRAKE I SWEAR or even if u dont trust me just stand nxt to it

i say that we meet mid station also but at the patrol hut on the right as u hop of the lift, maybe cross ur poles in an upright position, that way u r out of the way and people can see u as they get of the lift.

what do u reckon

agentBM

Part of the Furniture
Oct 27, 2000
Space..traveling through the vast non emptiness

I'll remember those points to meet...I wear all black ski gear with black and red (buckled) boots and black, red and stainless steel skis.....might see someone there next week. Time to head off home and prepare for tomorrows week long ski holiday - yeeha!

steve8113

First Runs
Jul 5, 2006
Gold Coast

ok LG, pb's meeting point is were i proposed
biggrin.gif

if u wish for it to be changed u can do so, i beleive the meeting time is 10am, at the patrol hut as u hop of at midstation and cross ur poles in an upright position

steeps

One of Us
May 8, 2006
I'm a proud New South Welshman

Ok - I'm down PB from next Monday (16th) for the week. I will definitely try to hook up with some of you one of those days as confirmed above...Look out for a tickler under my lip..and a black and yellow Columbia Titanium jacket...and the piquant smells of glorious beer from the night before...(Thats good you know !)

LiL_Gnome

First Runs
Oct 8, 2006
Sydney
Visit site

steve8113 said:
biggrin.gif

if u wish for it to be changed u can do so, i beleive the meeting time is 10am, at the patrol hut as u hop of at midstation and cross ur poles in an upright position

ok kool r u down there now ??? because im in COOMA will drive down tomorrow and then go skiing when i get there but i wont b there at 10 probly will b on monday where r u staying like perisher or smiggins i PB

steve8113

First Runs
Jul 5, 2006
Gold Coast

LiL_Gnome said:
steve8113 said:
biggrin.gif

ok kool r u down there now ??? because im in COOMA will drive down tomorrow and then go skiing when i get there but i wont b there at 10 probly will b on monday where r u staying like perisher or smiggins i PB

hey steeps, i am there the same time, looking forward to meet up for a slide

i wont be down there next week but i will be the week of the 16th, the same as steeps. i cant wait. r u only there for a week? if ur there the folowing week we shall catch up

steeps said:
Ok - I'm down PB from next Monday (16th) for the week. I will definitely try to hook up with some of you one of those days as confirmed above...Look out for a tickler under my lip..and a black and yellow Columbia Titanium jacket...and the piquant smells of glorious beer from the night before...(Thats good you know !)

LiL_Gnome

First Runs
Oct 8, 2006
Sydney
Visit site

will any one b at perisher tomorrow if you are head on up to mid station forest quad and then ski up to the patrol hut 9.45-10.00 and when u get there cross your poles so i no u are a moosher

Slushii

Apr 18, 2000
nowhere in particular...

Folks, please pester your Local Resort Forum moderator to set up the Moosh Meet Up Points within your local forum (which for PB and Thredbo is D'Eye).
smile.gif

Ian D

Pool Room
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Newcastle
ski.com.au

Is there a secret handshake or display to identify that you are a moosher looking for other mooshers as opposed to just a punter standing around?

Somewhere like Kofflers has heaps of people loitering, how do you know that the next group is hoping to find other mooshers and not just waiting for a mate?

Slushii

Apr 18, 2000
nowhere in particular...

The simplest solution is for people to be brave and just ask the folks loitering around the meeting point whether they are there to meet other Sno-Infoers/Mooshers/Ski.com-au-ers for a ski.

If I went to a meeting point, I'd wear something identifiable and say so in the Moosh meeting point thread. Maybe even post a picture of me in my gear. I'd also ask the people loitering around there.

Snow Addict

Part of the Furniture
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere

Ian D said:
Is there a secret handshake or display to identify that you are a moosher looking for other mooshers as opposed to just a punter standing around?

Snow Addict said:
bahahaha a 'moosh code' - may I suggest you all mime typing furiously on a keyboard with your gloved/mitted hands
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

LiL_Gnome

First Runs
Oct 8, 2006
Sydney
Visit site

i didnt make it to the PB meet up point today sorry about that if any one else did so i think we should move it to make it easier to get to we should have it down near the v8 on the other side of where there is the line (near the perisher manor hotel and the pub) cross your poles when you get there this is better because the ppl who drive the car to the snow is an easier walk 4 them

thanks

steve8113

First Runs
Jul 5, 2006
Gold Coast

LiL_Gnome said:
i didnt make it to the PB meet up point today sorry about that if any one else did so i think we should move it to make it easier to get to we should have it down near the v8 on the other side of where there is the line (near the perisher manor hotel and the pub) cross your poles when you get there this is better because the ppl who drive the car to the snow is an easier walk 4 them

thanks

the reason we made it midstaion is because most people will have hot chocolate, i do
biggrin.gif
another good thing about midstaion is that from there u can get everywhere, i hate the v8 and i dont use it. what about people who stay in guthega, they have to travel enough as it is, i say keep midstaion. not to be mean, i just think it is easyier for all parties, plus it is less crowded

cheers

LiL_Gnome

First Runs
Oct 8, 2006
Sydney
Visit site

steve8113 said:
LiL_Gnome said:

thanks

ok kool thats fine i dont mind it was only a sugestion did any one turn up today

the reason we made it midstaion is because most people will have hot chocolate, i do
biggrin.gif
another good thing about midstaion is that from there u can get everywhere, i hate the v8 and i dont use it. what about people who stay in guthega, they have to travel enough as it is, i say keep midstaion. not to be mean, i just think it is easyier for all parties, plus it is less crowded

cheers

ok kool thats fine i dont mind it was only a sugestion did any one turn up today

steve8113

First Runs
Jul 5, 2006
Gold Coast

i dont know as i wont be there till next week
wink.gif

but keefy and steeps will also be there next week if ur still around

RayC

A Local
Jun 20, 2006
Brisbane

There (PB) from 16th with son. I will be the old short ar5e standing next to a young tall smart ar5e. Have Burton board and burnt orange Columbia Titanium jacket. Say hello I don't bite.

keefy

First Runs
Jan 28, 2003
Sydney

PB - I will be in either a White or Bright Green SOS Jacket! and on the snow either Grey/white Salomon Foils or Yellow/Green Salomon 1080's and Blue Scott stocks and a Black Giro stack hat... oh... and a big smile
smile.gif

A bit of an Oldie also, but then again what's a number
wink.gif

Oh and at mid Station with a Cappucino @ 10AM, Tuesday 17th

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass