ski.com.au Meet Up Points [All Resorts]

Slushii

Mostly missing in action...
Apr 18, 2000
nowhere in particular...
Re: Moosh Meet Up Points [All Resorts]

steeps said:
Ok - I have me, Steve8113, Keefy and Ray C next week in PB - Tues 17th 10am Mid-station boys and girls for a moosher hot chochy and caffeine!
Hi PB folks,

Can one of you please take ownership of the PB Moosh-meeting-point discussion and set up a thread within the PB sub-forum? This way you can make specific PB arrangements for/involving PB folk only.

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve8113

First Runs
Jul 5, 2006
Gold Coast

Slushii said:
steeps said:
Ok - I have me, Steve8113, Keefy and Ray C next week in PB - Tues 17th 10am Mid-station boys and girls for a moosher hot chochy and caffeine!
Hi PB folks,

Can one of you please take ownership of the PB Moosh-meeting-point discussion and set up a thread within the PB sub-forum? This way you can make specific PB arrangements for/involving PB folk only.

thanks.

will do it now

D-eye

Photographer and skier
Ski Pass
Jan 21, 2001
Canberra
deyephotography.com

Slushii said:
Folks, please pester your Local Resort Forum moderator to set up the Moosh Meet Up Points within your local forum (which for PB and Thredbo is D'Eye).
smile.gif

I forgot to set it up last night, but it really doesn't need a mod to start it - just to sticky it
tongue.gif

Skipig

First Runs
Jul 8, 2007
Southern Sydney

restoked - im going to be there 5th - 12th August and think the sign board at the top of high noon where you come off the traverse from gunbarrel is a great place to meet, you can stand out of the way on the side and you can call out "moosh" to everyone going by. I was thinking, re: times, on the hour every hour would give us more opportunities to meet more ppl and have more fun....Hope this suits you guys and i look forward to carving some lines with you soon....

ssar

One of Us
Jul 17, 2005
Newcastle, NSW

Let's make the Thredbo MOOSH Meeting area the top of the Gunbarrel Quad, off to the left as you exit the quad, near those trees off to the side several metres past the liftie's hut.

The time will be around 10am daily (let's say 5 mins either side of 10am).

The signal will be having ski poles crossed, or just hanging there for 5 mins looking like a MOOSHer.

This is similar to PB's - same time, same signal.

restoked

First Runs
Nov 1, 2006
newcastle

I will sound like a cow - going MOOsh , MOOsh .
smile.gif

Charlie

Still the most depraved poster here
Jun 27, 2002
Gippsland

People will think you are (Insert female member's name of choice)
nono.gif
(in the absence of the "Outahere" smiley)

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Skipig

First Runs
Jul 8, 2007
Southern Sydney

oh well restoked.... atleast we will not be mistaken when we meet, and we might just meet some none moosher friends with our hijinx( remember - smile when you yell "moosh" loud and proud )...i think we need to have numerous times to meet, to facilitate those who cant make a particular time due to whatever reason....btw... are you or anyone else going to be there between 5th &12thAug or are we just wasting time??....

Skipig

First Runs
Jul 8, 2007
Southern Sydney

MMMOOOOOOOSSSHHH.....yep, just testing...sounds much better when you give it a bit of 'ol bessy....WOW, that enduced an adrenaline rush !!!!...17dtg

philwild68

First Runs
Aug 2, 2007

Thredbo...how bout the Kosiosco Express in front of the cam?

Hobber

A Local
May 22, 2002
Sydney

Problem with Thredbo is people staying in Thredbo start at Kosci; people driving to Thredbo usually start at Gunbarrel. And the two don't meet.

I reckon Gunbarrel is better, and here's why.

You staying in the Village? Great! Do some runs down the Crack when it opens, then shoot over to the bottom of Gunbarrel via Sundowner; meet at the top.

You a day tripper? Great! Carpark is near Gunbarrel.

If Kosci is the meeting point you either need to take the shuttle (which is illegal when you can ski from one to the other
tongue.gif
) or traverse from the top of Gunbarrel which is more effort than taking Sundowner to bottom of Gunbarrel.

Ben

One of Us
Jan 1, 1970

Un stickyed as the season is over...

Planks & Sticks

One of Us
Dec 23, 2005
Fitzroy
www.yellowredfox.com

Hopefully next year there would be more enthusiasm from the members here on the board to take it seriously and use it to their advantage. Since it is almost Summer, maybe it could be a good idea to make it more official by making contact with the bistro/cafe managers and discuss what decisions could be made for the 2008 season.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass