1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Ski Hire

Discussion in 'Mt Buller' started by ben2579, Jul 2, 2007.

1. ben2579

ben2579 First Runs

Hey fellas,
    My cousin is going to the snow for a day trip this weekend, So I thought I would sus out the best Ski Hire for her, both price and quality.

Any advice is appreciated!

2. CarveMan

CarveMan Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

If you're coming for the day, the most convenient would be Black Mountain Equipment, as they are located in the same building as the bus terminal.

3. snowflake girl

snowflake girl First Runs

If she wants quality equipment, send her to see "Chewy" at Buller Sports Kooroora.

Demo boards, boot and bindings, that are serviced after use, not hire boards with steps ins that have rough edges etc. She will find she gets awesome service and value for money, can vouch for the service, the fitting skills and the knowledge of the staff.

4. Seth

Seth Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Given that the question was about ski hire and not snowboards going to Buller Sports Freeride really isn't going to be much good to them.

Please show that post to Darren and Joel though, I am sure they will be happy with it.

5. snowflake girl

snowflake girl First Runs

Sorry, missed the SKI bit. Does she want to hire on or off mountain? And what is her ski level?

If off mountain have always found Aaron at Ski Chute 4 in Mansfield to be excellent, especially with boot fitting.

Otherwise can also recommend Grimus ski hire on the mountain - Skis have always been very good.

For ease Carve Man is right, Black mountain - i don't know much about their equipment.