Ski Pulks

Tonka

Hard Yards
Jun 23, 2014
I'm looking at buying the American made Paris model ski pulk at SkiPulk.com. At the moment they cost about $360 Aust. but with a postage fee of $600 US. Ashley from SkiPulk is prepared to put together a bulk order to ship to Aust. If we could get 6 to 10 orders then this would greatly reduce the shipping cost. If you are interested in the Paris model place an order with Skipluk and they will coordinate the shipment. Where they land in Aust. I don't know but we can organize that when they get here. From his email to me he has 4 or 5 orders now. Think about it.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
You could just hire one from Wilderness Sports.

Tonka

Hard Yards
Jun 23, 2014
If you are considering a Skipulk then you need to look at their website which will explain and demo the sled. I don't believe they mention wheels. Living in Melbourne make Wilderness Sports not an option.

• Sad
Reactions: skifree

Fozzie Bear

Where's my flapping ears gone.....
Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2014
In the woods
If you are considering a Skipulk then you need to look at their website which will explain and demo the sled. I don't believe they mention wheels. Living in Melbourne make Wilderness Sports not an option.

Wheels sort of an necessity as a totally snow covered trip isn't assured...... as some have found out.

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
New rear wheels of an abandoned Mountain Buggy Pram
IMG_20220804_194047.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Rick Ross Da Boss

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 19, 2017
I believe AJAYS still have two pulks they rent out

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
@teckel made a sleddy thing for me. I have yet to test it out. It is a toboggan with a harness and plastic conduit thingies .I think a proper climbing harness would be better .I doubt it would go very well on uneven snowy fire trails and icy hillside traverses.
I am still skiing /skinning with a heavy pack for overnight trips . I might test it out going out to Edmondson's hut early next month.

Last edited:

teckel

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
@teckel made a sleddy thing for me. I have yet to test it out. It is a toboggan with a harness and plastic conduit thingies .I think a proper climbing harness would be better .I doubt it would go very well on uneven snowy fire trails and icy hillside traverses.
I am still skiing /skiining with a heavy pack for overnight trips . I might test it out going out to Edmondson's hut early next month.
You were going to add a harness from a retired backpack.

Tonka

Hard Yards
Jun 23, 2014
My current sled is a Beavertail with added runners (ultra-high molecular polyethylene ). I'm about to add some fins underneath to help control side movement. Probably the best wheel and ski sled option is the Thule Chariot Thule Chariot Cross-Country Skiing Kit
cross-country skiing kit $699.00 + the cost of the baby carrier.

Beavertail.gif

Beavertail.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

art

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2004
Ive got one in canberra that Im happy to loan or for it to find a new home with someone who will make good use of it.
Its red but very similar to the yellow one in the background of Tonkas photo above.
Mines got some additional kit that converts it into quite a nice set up for a little kid.

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
How’s the Whippet bag holding up? I haven’t had the chance to really thrash the shot out of mine yet.

Reactions: ecowain

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Really should be in some history thing or something. I recall laughing with Bruce about what was going to happen to the sled. He didn’t care, but I recall dibble was really bothered by destroying it.

Reactions: DJM and ecowain

axellotta

Addicted
Sep 28, 2015
Ski pulks have been an absolute game changer for touring in the BHP for me this season, especially when taking kids along. As far as adding wheels, my advice is you are probably better just using a decent pack to hold your gear in the pulk, and ensure your pulk can be strapped to it if you need to. This also gives a layer of redundancy should you break a pole or other part of the pulk system. It’s also been my experience that adding aluminium fins to the underside is completely unnecessary. I made my setup from a discarded Aldi double sled in found in hard rubbish a few years ago and a pair of fibreglass poles for electric fences. All the info you need is in the free downloadable guide from skipulk.com

F4ABC349-6CC7-4646-BB85-C3BC7A6565DF.jpeg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using