1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

ski resorts near milan

Discussion in 'Europe' started by pezza, Dec 19, 2012.

1. pezza

pezza First Runs

I am heading over to North Africa and Europe in feb and i will be spending 8 days in milan with some cousins who sadly don't ski. however whilst i am in milan i would love to head to a ski resort and have some fun bashing some slopes. Does anybody know of some good ski resorts fairly close/accessible from Milan? Also is skiing in this area of Italy super expensive like it is in Australia?
    thanks heaps in advance!!!

2. benchives

benchives I forgot how to ski Ski Pass: Gold

Torino (Turin) region is closest. Something like cervinia which would be cool cause you could ski to Swiss for lunch and view the Matterhorn up close.

3. benchives

benchives I forgot how to ski Ski Pass: Gold

Oh andvwith the euro the way it is you could do it on he cheap if yo applied yourself

4. Heinz

Heinz Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

have a look here : http://www.bergfex.com/italien/

Options include Cervinia to the west as mentioned or Sestriere a little further west or the Dolomiti region to the east.

It will be quite a bit cheaper than Oz.

#4 Heinz, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
  5. pstep

pstep First Runs

Train from Milan to Turin is an easy trip from there it's a local train to the stop closest to Cervinia, (I forget the name) where a bus will take you the rest of the way, Plenty of cheap accommodation options on the Italian side of the border, but definitely buy the "international" lift pass that allows you to ski Zermatt, if any of your cousins want to tag along cervinia has plenty of easy to intermediate runs should they want to give it a try.

6. Annabuzzy

Annabuzzy Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

The Aosta Valley (resorts such as Courmayeur) isn't far off. I can't remember precisely but a couple of hours by bus or train, maybe a few hours. The bus is easier as it delivers you to the heart of the Courmayeur village (if that was the plan). That would be my choice.

7. Annabuzzy

Annabuzzy Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

PS it's not expensive at all.

8. MiteJohn

MiteJohn First Runs

I cannot bear in mind correctly nevertheless two or three hours by means of coach or perhaps teach, perhaps a couple of hours.

Your coach is very simple as it provides that you one's heart from the Courmayeur village.

hi

http://chinagolftourism.com.au/china/mission-hills-golf-trip/